Emart 14" x 16" Photography Table Top Light Box 52 LED Portable Photo Studio Shooting Tent

September 27, 2019

Emart 14" x 16" Photography Table Top Light Box 52 LED Portable Photo Studio Shooting Tent

Emart 14

I just finished my first shoot with this box. Here are initial impressions.
* Setup was easy, right out of the box. It took less than two minutes. There's only one way it snaps together and it's easy to figure out.
* The colored plastic mats are a godsend. They save having to jury-rig some background inside the box and they fit reasonably well.
* The LED bars seem well attached to the box. Some reviewers have complained of them falling off. Perhaps the manufacturer is now using better tape?
* Locating the box on a table within reach of a wall outlet is problematic. I HIGHLY suggest using a USB battery pack. If you don't already have one for your cell phone, this one works for me: Aibocn Power Bank 10,000mAh External Battery Charger with Flashlight for Apple Phone iPad Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Tablet - Upgraded
* The LEDs provide ample light for handheld shooting. With the camera set to ISO 200, an 18% gray card suggested f4 at 1/60 which worked fine.
* Which brings us to the silly tripod included in the kit. It's a throw-away. The kit would be better for leaving the tripod out and charging a buck less. However, the phone holder might be useful for someone shooting with a cellphone and a decent tripod.
* When all done, pack-up was fast and easy; and everything almost fit back into the original box :-)

I'd purchased this light box because I live in the desert where everything is beige. It's a beige world – walls, houses, gravel (no grass), everything. I needed to shoot some highly polished silver jewelry and found that I could not get a photo that didn't have the jewelry reflecting beige something, making the sliver look like gold. This box fixed it.

This is what I needed!
I have a 24" fabric one that folds up into a briefcase, and it is just too big and too heavy to use very often.

I hope that the lights stay functioning on this one because it is working perfectly for taking pictures of small items.
I like that there are four backgrounds, and that they are thick plastic instead of fabric that just gets covered in lint.

I do wish that the lights had an on/off switch instead of just plugging/unplugging. I suppose a dedicated power strip will be fine though.

The included tripod is junk, but it's nice that it's there if you really needed it.

*I used my phone to take the review pics, and even they look fine.

The piece to plug light broke off after third usage.

Update on my order-- Since my last review. Emartic sent me another order to replace my broken one. Thank you!

The unit is quite sturdy and easy to put together. When photographing items that are small and on the bottom of the box, the light isn't really sufficient. I lighten the photos further in Photoshop. The tripod, as others have mentioned, is a waste, but the phone holder is great and can be used with a better tripod. My main complaint (only complaint, really) is that you have to use this with a dedicated power strip because there's no on/off toggle switch on the USB cord. Other than that, and considering the tripod a throwaway, it's a great light box.

 I ordered this light box for my daughter. She runs a “slime shop” and a slime Instagram page lol. She was looking for something to help with lighting for her slime videos - showcasing her wares and clicky slime. So that’s where I’m coming from with this review :).
Over all this light box works for what we need. I like the hole in the top. She can put her phone there for an overhead view of the slime. The lights are just ok. There are two led light strings. They aren’t super bright and there are still shadows no matter what angle you take pictures or videos. The plugs for the lights make me a bit nervous too because they are hard to connect. Seems like they could easily break but so far it’s ok. It’s easy to put together and fold but it’s a bit flimsy - shaky if you are filming slime 🤣 but fine for still photos. The colored backgrounds are nice - I like that they are plastic so they don’t stain. Again - probably better for still photos not squishing slime because they slide. But a piece of tape fixed that for us.
So if you’re looking for a slime filiming studio that’s compact and folds up - this will work. Lol I’ll attach a video so you can see.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • [1 X ] 14" x 16" Portable Photo Studio Box, Professional Light Box Setup
  • [1 X ] 80" Micro USB Port Power Cable, for Plug Adaptor & Power Bank
  • [4 X ] Photo Box Backdrops (White, Black, Blue, Gray )丨[1 X ]Tripod Stand Holder for Smart Phone
  • [2 X ] Powerful 26 LED Light Strips with 10W 5500K, Continuous Lighting for Table Top Shooting
  • Top Loop Handles for Easily Carrying, Shooting Tent Anywhere. Snap Button Design is more Stable than the Magnet Design

Description

light box



Love this product. Just wish it was a little taller for my candle pictures . Other than that pictures came out great love the quality. Will use this a bunch

I previously had a smaller version of this light box and it was great, until I broke the mini usb for the lights! So I decided to order this one, not even looking at the size when I ordered it, but I was very pleased to see how much bigger it is than the one I had previously. I'm also happy that the background display mats are a hard plastic instead of the foam ones that I had with the smaller box. The only reason I give this 4 stars instead of 5 is because when I opened it for the first time, one of the snaps that keeps the box closed when folded, broke off. Not a huge deal as I keep it open, but still.

I was really excited to start taking professional looking photos for my book reviews, but things aren't always as they seem. I mean, the box looks like the pictures and set up was fairly easy, but I found it extremely difficult to take a picture that didn't feature some kink or knob on the box itself which takes away from the effect you are trying to achieve with the box. I can appreciate that I may be at fault (a professional photog I am not) but I was under the impression that this would be fairly straight forward and easy to use. I plan on continuing to try, but I'm a little sad to say the least.

I like the actual box and the backgrounds it came with. They are about as durable as you can get and still consider this great for portability, although I don't intend to move mine around. With that in mind, these lights are FLIMSY! I would highly recommend that you do NOT buy this box if you're relying on the lights included.

I just received this yesterday and the first time i went to plug the back light row in, it broke the connector clean off. Literally, the first try and with very little pressure. It still works with the help of a bit of tape, patience, and making sure not to bump the box at all when you get it to come on. Like I said, I'm not intending to travel with this and I have other light sources to work with so it's not a deal-breaker for me. The front row went in fine but I still went ahead and taped the connector to the top of the box.

So if the lights are important to you, find a different box. Otherwise, it's a decent box and I'm not disappointed with the price.

I’m very surprised. I didn’t have high expectations for this not gonna lie. But it worked perfectly. Assembled easily. Doesn’t bend or buckle like review for similar boxes had. The lightning is pretty good. 2 light strips. I used the white background. This box seems far better than others because the background inserts are seamless and the same texture of the box so you don’t have to worry about a wrinkly material. First try I used my iPhone on portrait mode. I used this in my room at night. No additional lighting. I did bokeh the photo and lighten a bit. But I didn’t even need my dslr or additional lighting. This is my first attempt at product photography. Definitely worth it and is much bigger than expected. Glad I purchased this over several others. And to think I was tempted to spend the money for a Foldio that’s like $130.

Get it Now

Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar