Sony STRDH590 5.2 multi-channel 4k HDR AV Receiver with Bluetooth

September 10, 2019

Sony STRDH590 5.2 multi-channel 4k HDR AV Receiver with Bluetooth

Sony STRDH590 5.2 multi-channel 4k HDR AV Receiver with Bluetooth

I put together a straightforward 5.1 surround system in my small den based on a Yamaha amp that started to go a little wonky - it would turn itself on (yup!), often would mute the volume, occasionally wouldn't permit volume control from remote, sometimes picture resolution dropped, yada-yada-yada... The sound was basically OK so I decided to modify course and swap the amp out for this Sony STRDH590. Wow, what a difference! Couldn't be easier to set up and calibrate. The sound stage is immersive, detailed and very present. Best of all, it makes my very average speakers sparkle with clarity and crispness. I'm not a snooty audiophile but my ears can still recognize a huge improvement in movie watching at a comparatively bargain price. You'll really like this amp.

Sony finally got it right. An awesome affordable receiver with 4K and HDR pass-through. All HDMI inputs are 2.2 compliant. Easy Set Up. Nice Power at 145W per channel. Have it hooked up to a couple BIC tower speakers and a Dayton Subwoofer - will expand to 5.1 soon (or 5.2 ). But no rush - has a Front Surround feature that really does make 2.1 sound like real surround. As long as this thing lasts - and it's heavy and built like a tank so it should - I couldn't be more happy with my purchase. Also kudos to the seller - Ordered on Monday and was delivered on Wednesday - 2 days earlier then expected!

I've been putting off buying an a/v receiver for so long, but I'm happy I finally pulled the trigger. I previously had a 'home theatre in a box' set up before, but I wanted to be able to run the surround sound for all my devices without a dozen cords running back and forth from the tv or projector. After experimenting with 4 in 1 HDMI switchers, I finally caved and bought this receiver, along with a very attractive subwoofer. My old surround sound speakers were able to be adapted to the new receiver, but I needed an active sub, as most subs that come with a 'home theatre in a box' are passive. It was worth the money, as having the ability to tweak the sound to my exact specs is very satisfying, and now my home theatre has a clean look and very full sound. No issues with 4K passthrough, everything is transmitting to its highest potential.

P.S. Bravia sync with my Sony tv is a definite plus.

I have this unit driving some older techniques main speakers and a center and surround set from an old entertainment system. Even with the questionable speakers, this unit sounds increadible.

First off I listen to my music off my iPhone or iPad. So I use Bluetooth. I know that make many audiophiles cringe. I set this up and used the automatic calibration. Selected Bluetooth in Music Surround, put on Mozart’s 25th, and wow! Even my wife could hear how much better this setup was than the old unit. Everything was properly balanced. It had a deep rich sound and bright clear highs. The surround didn’t sound echoey or fake. It was really like sitting in the orchestra pit.

DVDs and cable TV sounded awesome too. I have trouble hearing the voices. The Movie HD-Digit setting is very clear and the voices are easily heard. There is even a night mode that further clarifies voices.

This unit just works great right out of the box. I have it set up in a small home office, so it is pelanty powerful enough for that space and more. But if you are looking for a unit to annoy the neighbors with you might need something a bit bigger.

I love it, and I am very pleased with this purchase.

I own many Sony products, I recently decided to change my 15 years old Sony receiver because it lost its surround capabilities which I did with a Yamaha, but gross mistake, screechy highs and muffled bass, I had to return it, I found this Sony STRDH590 in Amazon Warehouse deals, hoping it was a damaged package or repackaged, but it was a return instead. That fact was not an issue with the description and I installed it, even though it did not have Wi-Fi capabilities and all the bells and whistles the Yamaha had, the sound was exactly what I expected, clear robust highs and potent bass, very well in sync with my Sony speakers rated 100 Watts satellites, 120 Watts center and 120 Watts powered sub-woofer, I should've never gone with another brand.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 5.2 Ch x 145W per channel (6ohms, 1kHz, 1ch THD 0.9%)
  • 4K HDR, Dolby Vision compatibility with HDCP 2.2 support
  • HDMI 4-in/1-out with Audio Return Channel
  • Built-in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream from other Bluetooth devices
  • S-FORCE PRO front surround sound, Dolby TrueHD and dts HD Enhanced Audio Codecs
  • FM Radio with 30-station presets: Full-size (1/4") headphone jack. 4 Stereo RCA audio inputs, 2 digital audio outputs (1 optical and 1 coaxial)
  • Low-profile design (5 ¼" tall) fits easily into conventional AV cabinet
  • In the box: Remote (RMT-AA401U), Batteries, FM antenna, Calibration mic (mono)

Description

Upgrade your home entertainment system to work with the latest 4K TVs and HDR picture. Equipped with 4 HDMI inputs, HDCP 2.2 signal handling, and a host of advanced features the DH590 is the perfect combination of high performance video capability and superb Sonic fidelity.



Great inputs. Good power. HDMI 2.0 , 4k hdr10, 60hz pass through. (Enable enhanced HDMI option). Arc control. I love it.

Fantastic. I replaced an old, 2005 Sony 5.1 A/V receiver that did not have enough HDMI ports nor an HDMI/ARC compatible port to play my TV audio through the receiver without having to use an additional digital video cable. I also needed the 4k pass-through this new receiver supports and what the hey, I also wanted to add another sub-woofer to my surround system. The configuration menu displayed on my TV was pretty cool also and made it much easier to configure all my other equipment I have hooked up to the receiver. A great product at a great price. My only complaint is that when my old Sony receiver remote control was compatible with my Sony Blu-ray player, the remote for this receiver is NOT. Kind of surprising as they are both Sony. That's the only reason I gave it four stars instead of five.

I bought this to replace my Denon which the HDMI ports were fried in a storm. This unit is far superior to the Denon in every way. For a cheaper receiver the sound quality is great, there are a ton of adjustments that can be made to sound quality and it's super simple to set up. It's sleek and minimalistic. Don't expect this to perform like a high end receiver costing 5x as much - you have to have realistic expectations, but personally I think it performs better than other units in it's price point and in terms of sound quality it's a bargain.

I purchased a new TV and for some reason I purchased a new receiver with it. I had a great Onkyo for my Bose surround sound but this just blows it away! I think with the new models out and using a HDMI cable just does so much better. The sound for everything I watch is great. So glad I got this with the new 65" TV. Can't go wrong for the price.

I purchased it to go along with Sony android TV. Works like a charm. TV and receiver work together like a single unit, after set up, have not had to do anything else. Do not even think about it. Just turn on the TV, receiver comes on with TV. If any other component is used, receiver switches flawlessly by itself and then switches back to TV when you switch back to TV. I do not know how it would do with other brands of TVs, but I would think it would probably be a pretty good choice.

Get it Now

Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar