Anbes DL40002883 Wi-Fi Mini Outlet Plug Smart Socket Works with Amazon Alexa Echo, Google Home and IFTTT, ETL and FCC Listed, No Hub Required (4 Pack)

November 17, 2019

Anbes DL40002883 Wi-Fi Mini Outlet Plug Smart Socket Works with Amazon Alexa Echo, Google Home and IFTTT, ETL and FCC Listed, No Hub Required (4 Pack)

Anbes DL40002883 Wi-Fi Mini Outlet Plug Smart Socket Works with Amazon Alexa Echo, Google Home and IFTTT, ETL and FCC Listed, No Hub Required (4 Pack)

 The instructions for this is pretty clear and easy to understand. Download the app, register, sync.. and ready for use. As shown in the short clip, with a single click you can control on & off from that outlet. It’s great and convenient if im too lazy to walk to that room to turn on the light. It is also perfect for those who is out-and-about and want the light of their house on to convince someone is home. Yes, this product works even when you are out of the wifi limit. I’m not sure if this is correct but I believe it is saved onto smart life server app which allows you to remotely control as long as you have access to the internet. One downside (minus 1 star) is that it does not work with anything digital, only analog. For instance, I was hoping it would work with my digital heater so that the room will be warm by the time i enter, but it only turns the outlet on, it still requires me to physically press to turn the heater on to adjust the temperature setting. This works great with anything that has on-off switch only.

I have several of these now and I just love them. I have them all throughout the house. I do have them all linked through the app and linked to amazon echo Alexa. The only issue I have is that you cannot fit two units on the same outlet. Other than that I have had no problems with these.

At first I was unsure what to expect out of these “smart plugs”. When looking for home automation items, it’s rare to find something with good quality that also won’t “break the bank”.

Luckily, I was pleasingly surprised and have already begun to enjoy the ANBES - Smart Plugs.

With Amazon Alexa and IFTT (IF That Than This) integrations, I now am able to tell Alexa to turn lights on/off and have lights automatically come on when I return home or when my alarm is activated by plugging them into these outlets.

The build quality of these smart plugs seems sturdy and well made. The on/off switch on the side of the plug makes a quick and easy alternative to turn a device on/off should your internet connection go down. The blue back-lit button is also easy to see - even in the dark.

Prior to purchasing this item, I read a few “poor” reviews regarding initial setup issues. I had absolutely no problems and was able to get all 4 of these plugs connected to my home WiFi and recognized by the SmartLife app in under 5 mins.

Simply download the app, create an account, login, plug-in the smart plug, type your WiFi password into the app and in about 30 seconds the app connects the plug and you’re done. The process was exactly the same for each plug.

I left this product at 4 out of 5 stars for only one reason. When the plug is activated, on or off, a small click of the internal switch can be heard.

Having knowledge with electrical components, this is perfectly normal for some types of switches when a circuit is opened and closed. A little better sound dampening material inside the plug may have solved this issue however.

Overall, I am pleased with my purchase and would recommend these plugs to friends and family.

SmartLife WiFI plug experience 03/25/2018

I received a set of four of these today via Amazon Prime. Package came fast from Amazon but was tossed into the driveway. Not a good performance be the delivery dude or dudette Package was unharmed.

Packaged contained (as advertised) four smart plugs. Each is about 1.5" in diameter and has a grounded three-prong plug and a single momentary-contact on/off switch on the side. The switch is a manual on/off and is also used for programming/linking. They seem extremely well-made. These (like most such devices) operate in the 2.4Ghz band. If you have a router that doesn't support 2.4Ghz you're out of luck -- but that's rare.

In the four-pack there was a single instruction "pamphlet" with very small type. The writer was clearly not a native English-speaker. I hereby offer to rewrite for the English-speaking audience!

There is even a QR code on each box and in the pamphlet to link you to the proper place in the App Store for the free SmartLife app.

I downloaded the SmartLife app from the Apple app store and it installed easily. I opened the Alexa app and installed the SmartLife skill. This is something you have to do when you install any Echo-compatible smart home WiFi devices. No problem.

After creating an account in the SmartLife app, the default instructions (which they call the "easy mode") to install didn't work for me; I tried several times. Fortunately, the instructions had an alternative method (which they call the AP mode) and it worked fine. This is probably because of different router rules.

I named the device and Alexa scanned for it and found it readily. It became part of my "Lights" group and works just fine. So far I recommend this product. Price, workmanship, delivery, usability all very good.

I love how quick and easy it was to program these outlets. I am also surprised that they are rated for outdoor use and even into the negative temps. I had to download the Smart Life app and create my household and that took more time than setting up the plug. There are lots of other products on amazon that use this app, so I was happy about that. No sense in having different "smart" items connected to different apps. You literally plug it in, hold the button until it flashes rapidly and then you add it on your app. All I needed was my wifi name and password. Setting the timer was super easy to do. I now have my Christmas tree lights on a schedule so that they are on when we get up and when we come home from work. I tested one plug out with my coffee maker and it worked like a charm. What a great product. I would (and might!) buy these again.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
  • CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE - Turn electronics on or off from anywhere with your smartphone using the SmartLife app (Compatible w/ Android & iOS)
  • VOICE CONTROL - Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant. Requires a secured 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network connection.
  • FLEXIBLE CONTROL - ETL and FCCcertified to switch up to 10A, for flexible control of a wide range of plug-in devices.
  • SMARTLIFE SCENES & SCHEDULES - Schedule the Smart Plug to automatically switch on and off when away or set a Scene for controlling many devices with a single button.

Description

Wi-Fi Smart Plug Mini



So far these are proving to be a good buy. I'm new to the whole 'Alexa this and Alexa that' but I'm getting there. Setting these up was not as straight forward as expected but once I did the first one, the next came much easier. Another app, another device, another way of handling it. Unfortunate that manufacturers can't come up with a standard that uses a single app. I've tied two together and now will attempt to have multiple devices activated with a single command. I'd recommend these if you're wanting to turn on different devices. Just keep in mind that the device needs to come on when the plug comes on, if it requires you to press a button to start and that button goes off when it's unplugged then this item will not help you. Think of a lamp, if the lamp is on and you plug it in, the light comes on. Other devices will reset and when you turn them on, unplug them, replug them they will not be on. They require you to press the on button again. Those will not work with these plugs.

I'm not one for gadgets or much of a tech person- so I wasn't sure how much use smart plugs would be used in our household. That being said these plugs are just so darn convenient! You'll think of ways to use them that may seem lazy but the convenience factor is huge. While getting ready for work upstairs-I can give a shout out for the coffee maker to turn on. By the time I'm ready to come downstairs, coffee's ready with no more waiting around. Same with our stereo. My husband is an audiophile that loves old school equipment which means it needs to warm up before I can play music- with the smart plugs I can just tell Dot to turn on the pre-amp while I'm busy elsewhere. No more standing in front of stereo equipment waiting. Love that! Cabinet top lights with hard to reach plugs are no longer an issue, same with floor lamps. Can't wait to use this on the Christmas tree lights next year (imagine just telling Dot to turn off when you leave the house and turn on when you come back?) I shopped around before purchasing and these were the best value of any smart plugs. Well made, well packaged, and look high end. I bought a 4-pack but will probably end up buying 1 or 2 more sets (they're that handy).

These smart plug switches are great!

The products are exactly as described as well as very quick and easy to setup, even for those that may not be as tech savvy. When you receive them, you will have instructions to download a free app called Smart Life to control the items you have plugged into the switch remotely, the app setup is also straightforward and easy to use.

I like that having these gives me the piece of mind that when I am not home to check if something that shouldn’t be left on is off as well as if I left it on, the app shows you it’s on and you can turn it off. They are also great as a burglar deterrent because you can turn the lights or tv on and off at random times to look like someone is home. No more arguing about whose turn it is to turn the light off because you can do it from your phone in bed.

The only minor detail I would change is the plug itself is just a little bit too large so it may not fit on smaller power strips. Otherwise, I would recommend this product, well worth the price.

Just got them today! Absolutely love them! Literally took 5 minutes from scanning the QR code to having it work with Echo Show. App works smoothly and not found any bugs thus far. Just BE AWARE during initial setup you may have issues if not plugged directly into the wall. I don't consider this a fault of the Smart Plug but the filtering in the outlet interfering with setup. Interfacing with my Echo Show device was quick and painless and works beautifully. I using them to reboot outside camera, turn on my bedside lamp, my space heater, and entertainment center.

 Easy setup. Returned defective TP link outlets for these which actually take up less plugin space and setup is super easy. I use these at my vacation rental property.

Get it Now

Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar