Entertainment Weekly

October 05, 2019

Entertainment Weekly

Entertainment Weekly

This is a gift every year for my mom's birthday.

It has excellent coverage of a lot of the entertainment industry. While it's mostly television and movies, there are music, and book reviews as well. It's a nice mix and since it comes 42 weeks a year it's something she can really look forward to.

If you're into pop culture, this is a lot of fun. Mostly focusing on TV, Movies, Books, and Music (with a little bit of videogames and internet), this is full of reviews, long-form articles, fun lists, and a lot of interesting tidbits.

Love this edition because of the Outlander article. Both Sam and Caitriona are doing a fantastic job, as well as all the other actors and crew. Wish at some point that you can do a portrait of the entire Outlander family! Tulach Ard!

I subscribe to both People and Entertainment because they provide different material. People covers a broader range of personalities, celebrity and non-celebrity alike, and writes about their lives beyond their work. Entertainment focuses more on "Hollywood." While it includes the personal-life gossip, it writes more about behind-the-scenes action of movies, television, etc., as well as recommendations for TV, movies, books, and music.

I very much like the section in this magazine that tell you what is coming in theaters. The only thing I really do not like about this magazine is the very small print which makes it difficult to read. Overall, it is a very good magazine.


Get it Now

Feature Product

    Description

    EW is your all-access pass to Hollywood's most creative minds and fascinating stars. They're the first to know about the best (and worst) in entertainment, and with their sharp insight and trusted voice, they keep you plugged into pop culture. It's where buzz begins.



    i've been a subscriber for years. this magazine is my bible. it tells me new shows to watch that i wasn't aware of. this is how i found out about how i met your mother. the articles are short so i can read them on the subway. there are so many great sections, i can read bits here and there without having to remember where i left off. this isn't a gossipy magazine, really just a celebration of television and movies.

    I read both People and Entertainment Weekly (EW) magazines, and I prefer EW when it comes to entertainment news. The reviews are helpful and the articles are presented in a more interesting way. It focuses on content more than just fetishizing celebrities, and it does this without being dry, for industry insiders only, or overly technical.
    In contrast, "People" includes more human interest stories, like profiles of heroes among us, and includes puzzles. That's the only thing I would change about EW - add puzzles!
    Both magazines include a tablet version for free with your subscription, available for ipad and android. Many times the articles are expanded online and there are additional images.
    This magazine is definitely worth the money. I plan on staying a subscriber (as long as it holds onto its integrity).

    Entertainment Weekly arrives regularly on Friday afternoon and is always a joy. The movie reviews warn me or encourage me... The television guides often direct me to programs I was unaware of. The previews are fantastic and the book reviews usually pretty solid. I could care less about the music stuff, but the magazine is informative and fun.

    Been an EW fan from issue one and still have that one saved away somewhere. Definitely best value for the money with a huge cross section of entertainment articles from film, TV, performers, music, books and more. Been a subscriber for many years and it's the only magazine I still read.

    Yayyy! I have gone 4 months without my subscription to Entertainment Weekly! I have seriously missed it. I know I paid $5 more getting it thru Amazon as opposed to sending in that little card from the magazine itself, but I don't care. $30 for a full year is worth it! Love this mag and all the stories from movies to music to books and everything else entertainment related!! Just received my first issue and it was a month earlier than expected!

    Get it Now

    Share this :

    Previous
    Next Post »
    0 Komentar