Unigear 11' Hammock Bug Net Mosquito Net, No See Ums and Insects - Size 132" x 55" Fit for All Camping Hammocks. Breathable and Fast Setup (Black/Dark)

November 04, 2019

Unigear 11' Hammock Bug Net Mosquito Net, No See Ums and Insects - Size 132" x 55" Fit for All Camping Hammocks. Breathable and Fast Setup (Black/Dark)

Unigear 11' Hammock Bug Net Mosquito Net, No See Ums and Insects - Size 132

I'm a fairly experienced hammock camper. After a dozen or so overnight outings, I decided it would be worthwhile to invest in a bug net for use in the hot/humid summers of KY. Did a lot of research, and I liked what I saw with this product.

After receiving and testing-
The design of this hammock net is impressive. The net itself is very fine, even the most bothersome insects will not be able to get through. Despite being lightweight, the net feels surprisingly durable. The net stuffs into itself just like a regular Eno-style hammock, and the stuff sack is made of a light but tough material.

It is very easy to hang, and can even be used without any ropes if you hang your hammock high and taught (so that the hammock cocoons over you naturally). On top of all of this, the horizontal zipper allows for very easy entry and exit.

Awesome product. I would have given 5 stars without a doubt, but my hammock net did not include the ridgeline string that the seller claimed would be included. This wasn't necessarily a problem for me, because I have plenty of paracord. But the description clearly stated that it would be included.

Bought this for a camping trip in North Georgia at the base of a waterfall where mosquitoes and palmetto bugs are rampant. Happy to say I slept 100% bug free and the dark color dimmed the light enough that I was able to sleep through a bit more sunrise than usual. The horizontal zipper is great; much easier to handle than the vertical zipper on my partner's net. It's bigger than I needed for my Magellan double hammock, but that's no trouble at all. Highly recommend bringing a couple extra clips (like black binder clips) to clip it (to the top line) open until you're ready to sleep. I'm just 5'2" and getting into the hammock is already awkward. It was a bit extra awkward with the net on. Still highly recommend!

As an avid back country hiker and Park Ranger I have seen a wide array of quality on items. This pkg arrived on time and in really good shape. I would not consider this as ultralight, and when paired with my hammock, straps, clips is around the 3.5 lb mark. However, these items pack down quite small. I also don't need a ground footprint for a tent with this setup. Specifically to the net, it is of good quality workmanship. VERY fine mesh to keep the smallest flying pests out. As with any item there are personal preferences. The entry exit zipper is fine, I am more concerned with no bugs over how easy it is to get in for the night. For the price and quality. Would recommend this for people who don't like the flying variety of pests.

Really like this bug net. Got a total of 4. So far no issues with quality. We appreciate the 360 protection. I have enjoyed listening to the mosquitoes TRYING to get to me! Not one has! It's definitely wide enough for a diagnal lay, which is nice. Very roomy.

One thing we did notice was we were getting spiders on the net when it touched the ground. Not a big deal, but one of us is very creeped out by spiders. Not so much of a problem if you use the strap on the stuff sack to hook it to the ridgeline until you climb in. Just a hint if anyone else finds that a problem.

Also, I like to hang some things from the ridgeline inside the bugnet. I just use mine inside out and install the bugnet after installing the ridgeline. If I want to, I can just use the hooks on the inside. Works well enough for me that way, and I get a little bit of storage while hanging.

Economical, easy to use, and completely effective. The horizontal zip can be a little work to close once in the hammock if you unzipped it too far to get in compared to a vertical zipper but this is a minor inconvenience considering the benefit of a bug free sleep.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • ✔NO BUGS AND INSECTS: 100% Polyester Mesh No-See-Um Netting, Unigear bug net offer 360°protection with a spacious interior and adequate head room. Rest peacefully in your hammock without the bother of bugs and insects.
  • ✔FIT FOR ALL HAMMOCKS: Apply to both single and double hammocks, create large and roomy bug free space.
  • ✔LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE: Unigear bug net weighs 600g. Manage to stuff easily into its attached compression stuff sack with the size of 13*14*17cm. Compact and portable.
  • ✔EASY TO SET UP: Three easy steps to assemble the bug net with your hammock, then easy access into the bug free zone with double sides zippers.
  • ✔LIFETIME QUALITY GURANTEE: Backed with Unigear 100% satisfaction guarantee. One full year warranty, no question asked, no strings attached.

Description

hammock bug net, bug nets for hammocks, net for hammock, bug net for hammock, mosquito net for hammock, mosquito nets, hammock mosquito net, mosquito hammock net , hammock net, hammock with bug net, mosquito netting, net mosquito, hammock mosquito netting, hammock with netting, mosquito net hammock, bug net for camping, mosquito hammocks, hammock with screen, hammock netting, camping bug net, hammock with bug screen, hammock accessories, no net hammock, net mosquito hammock



Well, so far , so good. Taking it out soon for its first test in the elements. Set it up at home and it appears to be exactly what I wanted....High quality after-market bug net that fits a double hammock (BearButt Double)! I would recommend this approach over a hammock with attached net ANY DAY. The Yukon Outfitters Mosquito Hammock I have has had the cheap net ripped (and patched) so many times, it barely resembles a bug net. This is the way to go.

Fits over my Bear Butt hammocks great, even with a diagonal lay! Very nice, soft material. The included ridgeline is good and does the job of holding up the net from your face. I just used it this weekend in a state park, and it was great to hear the little bugger trying to get in and failing! Not a single bite! I didn't find it hard to set up and didn't need instructions. Hung the hammock. Opened the zipper. Unhooked one end to pull it through. Rehooked and did the sam on the other side. Cinched the ends tight. Zipped it closed to keep out the creepy crawlies. Hung the ridgeline and hung the hooks on the net to it. Done. I am not a tiny person, and I don't have much trouble getting in and out of the horizontal zipper. Got 4, because we all loved this so much!

I purchased this for a large hammock, but it's too short. The advertised dimensions are identical to my hammock, 132x55, and it said it would fit an 11' hammock. I didn't get a chance to use it until it was too late to return to Amazon.

Seems like a good product. It is only two pieces, a cord you hang over your hammock and clip the net to, and the net attached to it's bag. You just tie the cord above the hammock, thread the hammock through both ends of the mesh(which you can also cinch down around the ends of the hammock), clip onto the cord, and then pull it around and zip it shut, easy to use. It wasn't so easy to get back into the storage bag.

Will update if after I either return it directly to the seller it or try to stretch it over my hammock.

As a single mother and active backpacker, I’m always looking for a product at a reasonable price. After searching through the multiple options on amazon, I finally settled for this particular one mostly due to the cost and reviews. I received this bug net right in time for my overnight hiking trip. It worked great at keeping the bugs out (mainly grand daddy long legs) but I felt as though I was suffocating! The mesh was fine and far from my face but for some reason, I just felt smothered.
There’s extra room in this bugnet to where you can fit 2 hammocks inside it with no issues at all (if that’s what you want to do) so there’s a bit of extra fabric when just using one hammock. I remedied the extra fabric that was hanging and dragging the ground by taking the bag part tht has the clip and brought it around the back of the hammock and clipped it over the ridge line. No more hanging/dragging fabric! I had no issues of any parts tearing (which for the cost I was a bit afraid of happening), it was also a bit on the heavy side. So, all in all, for the price of this bug net you really can’t beat it!!

I ordered this Unigear Hammock Bug Net to go with my home Hammock. I have a bug net for my camping hammock, but that one isn't practical to remove and reapply regularly to switch from one to the other. I really like having one for each, as they make use of a hammock so much more practical and comfortable. I live in the tropics, and hammocks are the coolest way to spend time out doors with good air circulation, but insects can be terrible pests. This solves that problem without poisons, smoke, or electricity. It can be tricky to put up the first time, but once you know how it isn't difficult. Very glad to have.

Get it Now

Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar