oogiebear - The Safe Baby Nasal Booger and Ear Cleaner; Baby Shower Gift and Registry Essential Snot Removal Tool - Two Pack - Blue

October 03, 2019

oogiebear - The Safe Baby Nasal Booger and Ear Cleaner; Baby Shower Gift and Registry Essential Snot Removal Tool - Two Pack - Blue

oogiebear - The Safe Baby Nasal Booger and Ear Cleaner; Baby Shower Gift and Registry Essential Snot Removal Tool - Two Pack - Blue

I feel like a fool for spending $13 on this tiny piece of plastic, but my baby who normally won't let me anywhere near her nose DOES let me stick it right up there :P minus one star for the ridiculous price, but darn it, it's effective.

 We use the suction type devices for wet mucous but for more viscous, dried up stuff we always used q tips. While q tips work it takes a while of digging to get everything and my baby isn't a big fan of it. He wiggles and fusses and is just generally displeased with the entire experience.

The oogiebear works really well. The bears protruding ears make it so that you can't push the device too far into your baby's nose. The material is also soft and comfortable for baby as well. The little scoops on either end do a great job of fishing out boogers and my baby doesn't seem to mind much at all. I agree with another reviewer here though that said that, for the price, there should be a little case included. Other than that I really like this.

I found this item when my now three year old daughter was just a couple months old and came down with a horrible cold. As with most children, she was absolutely terrified of the snot sucker they give you at the hospital and seemed to be able to sense when it was in the room as noted by her shrill hysterics. In researching options, I just couldn't get behind a product where I physically sucked the snot out of her nose (tube and filter or not, it's just gross - sorry, not sorry). Back then, this was an add-on item and I paid just a few dollars for it.

Now let's be honest - there's no piece of equipment on earth that will make getting the snot out of a baby's nose a pleasant experience. However, this little tool made it a billion times better than it was before. It's small enough to hide in the palm of my hand to do the sneak attack and I love that it has the loopy side for the slimy snot and the harder side for those dry, crusty boogers. The little bear head keeps you from sticking it in too far, even when the little squirms and jerks. All in all, the quickest, most effective way I've found to de-snot my baby/toddler.

The biggest down side to this product is how small it is - I don't know if I just kept misplacing it or if my little monster was finding it and hiding it, but I know we went through about half a dozen or so. It's now my favorite item to buy for new moms (get multiples - she'll need one in the nursery, the diaper bag, the car, her purse, etc.) and I always make sure to include one with baby shower gifts. No one seems amazed when they get it, but in the months to follow, I always get the phone call telling me how much they use it and how much they love it.

Okay, another tough review for me because this is not a safe thing to use or perform. Please for Heaven's sake be careful and don't go digging too deep! You should be able to see the booger on the edge of the nostril; if you have to get a flashlight and/or tilt their head just right; it's too far. Don't attempt to get it. Be gentle! These are not soft tips!

With that said, I can say this device has come in handy quite a few times. Getting those sticky boogers that are occlusion their airway makes breathing so much easier for them and therefore sleep better longer!

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can’t pick your friend’s nose... but you CAN pick your baby’s nose which is a good thing bc our baby’s nose is always full of boogers. She hates it and thrashes her head from side to side wildly to try to avoid it but it works SO WELL. Like talking real grade A class boogies we are getting out of there. If your kid is also a booger mine then you’ll definitely want one of these.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Scoop end for dried boogers and loop end for sticky boogers
  • Great for little ears too
  • BPA, Latex, and PVC Free
  • Bear-head safety design prevents oogiebear from going in too far up baby's nose and ears
  • FDA classified medical device

Description

Babies are just like the rest of us: they're happier when their noses aren't blocked. But cleaning a baby's nose can be a challenge. Aspirator bulbs are okay for wet mucus, but they're just not effective on the sticky or dried mucus (okay, we'll say it) boogers! In fact, bulbs can actually push boogers further in, making it even harder to reach. oogiebear to the rescue! oogiebear is the first booger removal tool that safely and gently removes both sticky and dried boogers from a child's nose. oogiebear was developed with comfort in mind, offering two unique ends, a loop-end perfect for sticky boogers and a scoop end for safely removing dried boogers. This revolutionary tool is made of soft rubber and firm plastic tips that is easy for a parent to hold and gentle enough for your baby. The bear-head design is both fun and safe preventing the oogiebear from going too far into the baby's nose. It works great for little ears too! The oogiebear makes cleaning baby's nose and ears fun! (Okay, maybe not fun, but it works great!).



After trying to get a boogie with my nail and scratching my baby girl i came across this online along with the nose frida! Seriously saving us from anymore scratches and boogies!

I purchased the nose frida when I had my first daughter and used it extensively. I'm not sure the oggiebear existed at that time but I think it's much more useful. It's effective with wet mucus and dry boogies and also ear wax (with caution). I've used it on my six month old since birth and though she definitely doesn't love it during the process, I always get big smiles when she can breathe clearly after I'm done. I still recommend the nose frida but I think this is a definite "must have" baby item. Minus one star because even after contacting the company 6 months ago and being told "a case is coming soon", they still don't offer one. (I lost my first two within a few months and bought two more, so I guess they win).

We really like this product. We have a 3 month old who constantly has hardened boogers hanging out in his nose. His nostrils are so tiny that our fingers couldn't rid of him of the boogers, and even a regular q tip was too large (and typically seemed to push the boogers back further instead of helping remove them. We use the oogiebear daily since it's very gentle and our baby doesn't mind it (it also takes way less time to remove the boogers than it did before, so we aren't dealing with everyone having to pitch in to hold the baby still since he's so p*ssed at how long it's taking to get stuff out of his nose so he can breathe). After using this product I purchased a second one and gave it to my sister in law for her 5 month old- and I'm sure she will love it just a as much as we do!

I bought this on a whim and I'm very glad I did! If you have a baby you know that A) the blue bulb only works but so well and B) you can't get your fingers in to clean their nose. [and C) if you don't have a baby then why are you even reading this? lol] I even bought an upgraded blue bulb sucker that comes apart for cleaning but still, it can take a long time to get it all out if you don't get the tip in there just right and I was getting tired of actually getting the tip into a squirmy baby nose but not getting it clean.

In comes the Booger Bear as we call in this house and it really is worth buying! It doesn't always get the boogers out on the first try if you've got a squirmer but, like I said, having tried both this and the bulb this Oogie Boogie Bear is easier and faster to use. If they're distracted it's a whole lot sneaker than the suction sound and the big blue bulb.

Cleaning it can be a pain (if it's got some sticky boogers...eew) but I use the little Dr.Brown bottle brush to clear it out and then just a soapy sponge with hot water. I keep it in a small cup that we had (a tall plastic shot glass) to keep it and everything else clean. I've never used it in his ears, not sure if I ever will.

If you use and like the blue bulb, then you probably don't need this. I paid the same price for the blue bulb that you can take apart for cleaning and I 100% recommend buying one or the other because the one they give you in the hospital doesn't come apart so how can you be sure it's clean inside, ick.

Why 4 and not 5 stars: It could be a little cheaper for essentially being a plastic q-tip. I have almost poked my kid in the eye with it (that's more of a user error though). Also, it could come with it's own carry case or cup or something so you know it's clean and/or not getting boogers on anything else it touches (like say, in the baby bag).

I read that babies are obligate nose breathers up to age 6 months and they don’t really know how to easily switch to mouth breathing. That’s why they cry when they are congested; it’s the only way they know how to breathe through their mouth exclusively. So since I brought my baby home from the hospital I’ve been vigilant about keeping her nose clear.

I registered for the NoseFrida so that was the first thing I tried, when she was a few days old. Granted I didn’t use saline drops with it but I really didn’t like it. It was flimsy and awkward and I couldn’t get it to work at all. Plus you have to keep buying filters. No thanks.

I switched to the hospital bulb but it grossed me out because I couldn’t clean it thoroughly.

I searched on Amazon until I found a product by Innovo that is a bulb syringe but unlike the hospital version it is transparent plus it easily comes apart in the middle for easy cleaning. (You have to squeeze the bottom not the sides or it comes apart.) With saline drops this works great but sometimes the stubborn boogers are still hard to get all the way out. That is where this little tool comes in. It seems so simple but it’s shaped like nothing else. It really is the perfect tool for what it’s supposed to do. However I don’t really ever use the loop end. I always use the scoop.

I will say there are two cons. One minor one is that my daughter at 11 weeks old doesn’t mind the bulb syringe if she’s in a good mood. Sometimes she even finds it funny and grins. But she always hates this stick and squirms away from it.

A bigger problem is this stick doesn’t work without suctioning the boogers to the front of the nostril first. So while I find it useful, it’s not useful by itself. When I clean out her nose — which is every other day or so — I usually need 3 products: saline drops, the Innovo transparent bulb syringe, and this stick. Sometimes i don’t need the stick but i always need the other two. It may seem like a lot but it usually takes less than a minute, and I feel good knowing my baby has a totally clear airway and can breathe comfortably.

Get it Now

Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar