PFERD 11132 Plastic File Handle For 8"-10" Files

August 24, 2019

PFERD 11132 Plastic File Handle For 8"-10" Files

PFERD 11132 Plastic File Handle For 8

Holes are a bit large to hold the files firmly. I just wrapped with some tape and that did the trick. I've owned lots of file handles over the years and these are the worst for fitting the files, or at least with their PFERD round files they sell for chainsaw sharpening.

I normally make my file handles out of wood (broken shovel handles usually) but for the cost I decided what the hell. I'm not super SUPER impressed with it, but neither do I have any complaints about it. As long as you're using the right size for the file it went on with a hammer just the same as the wooden handles I made. I won't buy a TON more of these as I'm running out of files but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to buy another one or recommend them to others.

This handle works well and fits all but the smallest diameter files. I use it for round files for filing chainsaw chain.

The shape and size of the handle is perfect for my hands (I have smaller hands for a man; ~7.25" from wrist to tip of middle finger, 3.50" across the palm.), but the orifice that accepts the file tang is bit on the small side. I'm using this handle on a PFERD 8" half-round double-cut bastard and ended up having to use a wood mallet to drive the file in deep enough to prevent it rocking in the handle. I like file handles to be tight, but it seems a bit too much force is required to drive the handle home.

Great product, works as expected.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Fits all PFERD files 8-10 inches in length
  • Plastic grip

Description

File handles are available for all PFERD files. For safety and comfort, always use a PFERD file handle on your PFERD file. Classic PFERD blue plastic File handle features air chambers to reduce hand moisture. Enlarged, ergonomic handle reduces fatigue and improves safety.



fits 8" and 10" files really well and is comfortable to use.

Good product, it is not cheaply made, and it held up to the insertion of my 10" file. I pounded it in all the way to the end, and it did not crack. The grip is really nice, does not slip in use.

This handy little helper makes it so much easier to use the hand files. I definitely recommend this product. Also, it was exactly as it was described and I received it promptly. Definitely a must have for anyone using a hand file. It'll save you some blisters, I promise!

Received this item in record time - really fast, along with the file. When I inserted the file into the handle it was a snug fit but when I tapped the file and handle on a hard surface the file entered completely and is GREAT. Stong and good looking. Highly recommended.

Nice fit
Good Grip Plastic and 'weather-proof'
Easy to FIND 'B' 'R' 'I' 'G' 'H' 'T' blue in a drawer full of stuff.
Economical & durable

Get it Now

Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar