Dot Genie Google WiFi Outlet Holder Mount [Pro Version]: The Strongest, Most Versatile and Attractive Mount Stand Holder for Google WiFi. Great for Home and Businesses! Still No Screws! (1-Pack)

June 27, 2019

Dot Genie Google WiFi Outlet Holder Mount [Pro Version]: The Strongest, Most Versatile and Attractive Mount Stand Holder for Google WiFi. Great for Home and Businesses! Still No Screws! (1-Pack)

Dot Genie Google WiFi Outlet Holder Mount [Pro Version]: The Strongest, Most Versatile and Attractive Mount Stand Holder for Google WiFi. Great for Home and Businesses! Still No Screws! (1-Pack)

This mount has been great for keeping my Google WiFi point in-range while also keeping the point out of the way! I didn't want to buy one of the mounts that hang off of the power brick in fear that they might come unplugged and fall. This mount ended up being the perfect solution without needing any screws drilled into my wall.

I purchased this mount for my living room because the only place my Google WiFi point would get reception was nowhere near any table or shelf. I didn't want to drill holes in my wall, so this mount seemed like the perfect solution.

Setting up the mount is very easy. First, you can wrap the cord around the back of the mount to keep it in place. I found that you have to play with the placement of the power cord to get the cord in the perfect position. The directions recommend wrapping the cord starting with the power brick side, but I found it much easier to put your WiFi point in the mount, plug in the USB-C side, and then wrap the cord. That way you don't end up accidentally putting stress on the USB-C side when trying to plug it in to the WiFi point.

To install the mount on your socket you don't even have to fully take the cover off, in fact, installation is easier if you don't! All you need to do to install the mount is loosen the socket cover and slip the mount's lip under your socket cover. You can mount the mount on any side of your socket cover, I chose to mount mine on the side to avoid the molding beneath. The mount seems to be really sturdy and doesn't seem like it will come loose or fall any time soon. Although, if you think you might accidentally bump your mount from time to time, I would go with a mount with screws because only the socket cover holds this mount in place.

I am glad with my purchase! This mount was super easy to install in under 5 minutes, and keeps my WiFi point in range and perfectly out of the way. I'd definitely consider buying more of these if I needed to change where my WiFi points are located, or if they come out with a Google Home Mini mount in this style!

Surprisingly great design. I said similar things with the original design, but this really is a great improvement. It has all the features I liked from the Dot Genie’s original design like freeing up counter space, storing excess cord out of sight, access for an Ethernet cord to perform wired back-haul, and the ability to have it in locations without a surface to store the puck. Overall, the design is an improvement, the puck sits snugly in the bracket, has a cleaner look, and can be positioned on the sides of the outlet.

I was skeptical when I purchased this, but I decided to try it out because I have one Google WiFi puck that just didn’t look the way I wanted it to with the old design. I have tall baseboards and near my windows low outlets, which of course was the best spot for the Google WiFi puck in my living room.

I had my doubts about the odd attaching mechanism, and didn’t think it would be strong enough for the side of my outlet covers. The pictures on the listing have outlet covers that have two screws and mine only have one. But I figured I should give it a shot because of how impressed I was with the original design. I was really surprised when I installed it, it stayed in place and looked far better than it did before. I am not knocking the other design, just that this is a big improvement. I still have three pucks in the other mounts and they have been great for nearly a year. But the cleaner look is super tempting.

I have four Google Wifi points throughout my house. Three of them have nice spaces out in the open that make it easy enough to just place on a desk. One of them, however, was previously on top of a refrigerator next to a printer. This caused some issues with the Wifi point connecting to the rest of the mesh network.

I decided to buy the 1-pack of this product and I successfully mounted it to an otherwise completely unused outlet. It's away from any devices that might cause interference. I decided to get the Pro version rather than the original version because the original version was suspended by the AC adapter itself. I would prefer not to have that much weight hanging from my NEMA 5-15. I also wanted something that couldn't really be knocked off of the wall or anything. This is a very nice semi-permanent mounting setup that doesn't use any screws and puts no additional strain on your household NEMA 5-15s. It goes without saying, but this particular mount doesn't impede on other sockets which is useful as I occasionally use the top NEMA 5-15 to power my vacuum.

Some people mentioned that it took them a few tries to get the cable routed properly, but I had no trouble getting it set up on the first try in less than one minute. The included instructions tell you exactly how to route the cable so that you don't have any excess. It's great!

Last but not least, this comes with a small flathead screwdriver that you can use to loosen your existing outlet plate.

I would have given this 5 stars except that I could only get it to work when installed on the BOTTOM of my outlet. I first tried to install on the side and it fell right out. Maybe that is because I have the older outlet type with a single screw in the middle, between the two receptacles. Hangs down just fine and seems secure enough.

I initially tried winding the cord by inserting the plug in the puck and then winding "out", but that didn't put the electric plug where I needed it. I ended up starting w/ the electric plug where I wanted it, and then winding it "in" (starting w/ the outermost 'ring' first) and finally plugging into the the puck. Also, note that you can/should wind the cord 2x into each 'ring' -- if you only put a single wind into each ring you will end up w/ a lot of extra cord.

Recommended, especially if you are good w/ it being installed on the bottom.

Clever design shifts support of the weight of Google wifi to your outlet cover plate. Unlike other designs the plug isn't used to hold any weight. The Google WiFi is heavy enough you do not want the plug to support weight since it will fall out over time. This outlet design solves that problem. You should note this design depends on the cover plate to be ridged. I had one cover plate that was vinyl and could not support the holder tight enough. But an outlet cover is an easy and inexpensive replacement if needed. Since the Google Wifi plug isn't used by the outlet holder your outlet can easily use both plugs of outlets. Other holder designs may interfere with the second plug. This holder is a great simple but solid design. I never need to worry about this failing and having the Google WiFi unplugged. Highly recommended.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • We came up with this version after working with a huge national chain who wanted a few modifications made to our original version. It's been a huge success and now its here.
  • Our made in the USA, Patent-Pending design holds the mount firmly to the wall by slipping behind the outlet cover and is held there with only minimal pressure from the cover plate. Still easy to move and no holes to patch!
  • The only mount that works on VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL outlets making tight spots accessible.
  • Any open electrical outlet in your home or business can become a Google WiFi beacon, making the setup of your network so much simpler.
  • The Dot Genie Google WiFi Mount PRO uses the cord that comes with your router and wraps it neatly around our patented "Cord Groove Organizer"

Description

Our mission is to create products that help make your home electronics simple and easier to use. MountGenie designs high-quality mounting products for voice assistants and other smart technology. While smart home products are improving our personal and professional lives in countles ways, they also lead to unsightly cord clutter. Mount Genie aims to solve that problem with easy mounts that hide cords and make yoursmart home smarter than ever.



I recently purchased the google whole home Wifi system and decided to try these outlet mounts so the routers would not have to sit on top of furniture. The mounts seem to be very secure, and I did not notice any movement of the mounts after installing them behind the wall plates. I did attempt to wrap the cord around the mount several times before finally being satisfied with the tension in the cord while plugged in. Other than that, installation was a breeze.

Very snug fit, took about a minute to install purely because I didn't wrap the cable around the right way the first time. I actually even have a loose outlet and it still sits extremely secure on it, I actually think it made the outlet more stable, dunno how but I'm not complaining. I highly recommend this if you have Google Wi-Fi.

The screw placement on a GFI outlet is perfect for this, however one of mine was a standard outlet with a single center screw. The plastic single screw plate does not hold the unit properly. I went to the home improvement store and bought a metal cover of the same style and it works perfectly.

We purchased a large home and have one on the main floor, 2 upstairs where most of the bedrooms are, one on the lower level and we are never without a signal.

Works as advertised. Easy install

Get it Now

Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar