BarksBar Original Pet Seat Cover for Large Cars, Trucks and SUVs - Black, Waterproof & Hammock Convertible (X-Large, Black)

June 24, 2019

BarksBar Original Pet Seat Cover for Large Cars, Trucks and SUVs - Black, Waterproof & Hammock Convertible (X-Large, Black)

BarksBar Original Pet Seat Cover for Large Cars, Trucks and SUVs - Black, Waterproof & Hammock Convertible (X-Large, Black)

This is an amazing product. This works wonderfully for the back of the truck for my Siberian Husky (who sheds like CRAZY). It keeps my car clean from fur, dirt, and even mud. My husky is gets quite hyper and moves all over the car, but this product is HIGHLY DURABLE. What I love about this product is its ability to be easily moved and fit in any car. So, if I ask someone to look after my dog(s) I don't feel so bad about letting them use it! Plus the pockets on it are great for toys, treats, a leash, a ball, or other items. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

I bought this seat cover because it said it was for a full size truck or SUV. I have a 2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab. It falls short by about 8 total inches of covering the entire back seat. I'm going to keep it because it will work great in our 2005 Subaru Legacy GT. The stitching seems to be tough. I tightened the straps down pretty tight and didn't hear and stitches rip or tear. I'll update my review in 6 months or so after the dogs put it to use over this coming winter.

November 21, 2016 UPDATE...The zipper ended up breaking on my cover. I contacted customer service and they were extremely helpful. The company had just released an XL version of the cover for vehicles (such as mine) that weren't covered completely with the original cover. I just received my new XL version of the cover today and am very pleased with it. It completely covers my back seat and they've integrated side flaps that will assist in keeping the sides of my seats from getting muddy or wet. The only improvement I can foresee as of right now is to add a strap to the flaps that can be connected under the seat so the flaps stay in place. Other than that I am very satisfied with this new XL cover. The last 4 pictures of mine are of the new cover with my dogs on it.

I got this before driving 48 hrs in 4 days with 2 dogs.
I got it for 2 reasons:
1. To keep the dogs/dog fur/etc contained in the back seat, and keep the car clean
2. My German Shepard has the worst balancing skills, and I wanted to keep her from falling into the footspace.

The Good:
-Cheap
-Easy to install
-Has a zipper, so you can have one side up, and one side down. (Necessary if you have someone sitting in the backseat)
-Has slots to the seat belt buckles, if you have a road harness to buckle in (I don't)
-Successfully kept the dogs from slipping into the footspace
-Allows more dog-protected storage space (I filled the space between this and the ground with things us humans wanted easy access to)
-Ancored to the seat, so it's more secure than just attaching to headrest
- Fits into a prius and a F150
-Has 2 storage pockets

The Bad:
-I drive a prius, which is a relatively narrow car, so the universal size (while effective in that it did fit in my car) meant that the space between the front headrest was too big, leading it to droop. Which is only an issue of your hounds like to trespass into the center console/into the front seat. This was more effective than nothing, but not super effective at keeping them out of the front.
(I may attach a thin length of pvc across the border that connects to the front seats- to prevent the droop, to make it better at keeping dogs in the back.)

Overall good product, at a third of their competitor's price. Well worth the it.

This is a pretty good pet seat cover to protect your interior from the messy pups and kids especially on long trips. There were a few things I really loved about it and then with use, found a few things I thought could be improved to be more competitive with other brands with similar products.

PROS:
Waterproof, mud-proof, pet-proof, kid-proof
Sizing fit well for both a mid-sized Suzuki XL7 and a Jeep Cherokee- the only thing with the Cherokee I noticed it's width is more narrow than my Suzuki which means the seats are closer together. I noticed the cover didn't fit as tight in the Cherokee as it did in the wider vehicle.
Definite pro that was super convenient were the well-placed pockets!! There was one perfect for a water bottle and another that fit wipes and a bag of treats easily. That was awesome because even from the front passenger seat I could reach it to give the dogs a treat or grab a wipe or give them a drink as we were driving.
The zipper in the middle between the two front seats is also great for if you need to only use one side (someone sitting in the back with the pups.
There were hidden openings for seat belts.

CONS:
I mentioned a con up top in regards to the cover been looser in the Cherokee which has a narrower body width than our other SUV. This became a bit of a problem when my 10 pound Chihuahua wanted to look through the middle of the seats. The whole cover kept shifting and bowing under his weight. I pulled the straps around the seat heads as tight as I could but it didn't work to get rid of the sag.

The seat belt openings weren't spaced totally right which added to the not so good fit. We also added a dog seat on top of this cover.

Overall, it kept our interior leather and floor clean from the puppies so it served its purpose. If those two cons weren't there, I'd have given it a 5.

DISAPPOINTING PART: This product lacks a tranquilizing drug woven into the fabric, absorbed by osmosis into the dog's paws yet has no adverse affect on humans upon contact. Also, the cover does not come with a soundproof attachment. This would make traveling with one of our dogs, who treats a car trip as if he's being waterboarded in a doggy version of Gitmo, much more pleasant.

Also, the zippers and pouch flaps are not treated with a taste deterrent to keep our other dog from attempting to nibble on them as a between-meal snack. (she's a rescue, and has occasional "nervous" habits - but SHE otherwise travels nicely, without the drama of her "brother"!)

THE POSITIVE: It's a good item. Fabric is sturdy overall, and it was easy and quick to install. We like the pouches (spacious enough to hold both leashes). The velcro openings at the belt latches made it easy to attach tethers. Price is reasonable, and we received it a day sooner than promised. Only (real) drawback, no dealbreaker but perhaps something to consider for any future product improvements: the fabric would be nice to be heavier, i.e. quilting. The cover tends to bunch up.

Bottom line, would recommend it for its basic purpose of protecting the backseat. And with our sweet furchirrens, that's a good thing! 4.5/5


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Black & Hammock Convertible: 60" x 64": Designed for the BACKSEATS of LARGER Trucks, SUVs and Vehicles. Easily convertible between hammock or standard bench coverage. Bench section of the seat cover is designed with SIDE-FLAPS extensions for extra coverage to the side of your seat cushions.
  • Waterproof: Made with high quality heavy-duty waterproof polyester for durability and comfortability. Include Built-in Velcro Openings for your seatbelts and Seat Anchors to prevent the seat cover from sliding around.
  • Protects BackSeats From Dirt, Spills, Scratches, Hair & Fur, And Other Messes. Two Pockets included for easy storing of personal items such as toys, leashes, grooming supplies, water bottle. etc.
  • Designed with Color-Fast material to prevent color bleeding and premium components FREE OF AZO Dyes and HEAVY Metals such as arsenic, lead, mercury, etc. Also tested to withstand EXTREME temperatures so you will never have to worry about damage to your vehicles anymore.
  • Very Easy To Install - Just Snap the Buckle Straps Around Your Headrests and Tuck In The Seat Anchors. Very Easy to Install and Clean - Machine Washable: Use Gentle Cycle.

Description

"Love, love, love the seat cover! It's an amazing product. Extremely well made and the fit is even better. Makes traveling with my dog so much easier. Can't get over how easy it is to install and and how clean my car is now! "

BarksBar Original Pet Seat Cover: The easiest way to protect the back seat of your car, suv or truck from dirt, spills, scratches and fur. Made with heavy-duty, waterproof polyester to ensure maximum protection for car seats. It is durable, easy to clean and even easier to install.

Your BarksBar Seat Cover Comes With: Hammock Convertible Design, Heavy-Duty & Waterproofed Material, Seat Anchors To Secure Your Cover In Place, Seat Belt Openings With Velcro Closure, Two Pockets For Easy Storage, Adjustable and Reinforced Headrest Straps For Easy Installation, Color Fast Material

How To Use: Simply snap the buckle straps around the backseat headrests and insert the seat anchors in between back seat cushions to hold it in place. You can adjust the reinforced headrest straps to tailor the fit to your back seats. For the hammock feature, just snap the bottom buckle straps to the front seats headrests.

Easy To Clean and Maintain: Machine-Washable. Use gentle or delicate cycle and air dry. Easy to vacuum and wipe off.



Have a Ford Escape - fits perfectly for my labradoodle and golden retriever. The anchors for the seats work great, cover is extremely nice, easy to install, basically looks identical to the picture on the product page. Very Happy with the purchase.

I've been using this for a few months now and I absolutely love it.

BACK STORY:
I have a frenchie/pug mix that I was told would get to be 20-25lbs. I bought him a cute and very expensive doggy car seat for that size dog. A year later, my little puppy weighed 42lbs and while he immediately got in his car seat, he looked soooo cramped in it. I couldn't find a car seat that seemed to be big enough for my boy, so we got rid of the car seat and just put him on the seat of the car with a crate mat to lay on. BUT...he looked terrified and shook like a leaf the whole time he was in the car. He seemed to be hunkered down as if he was afraid he would fall off the seat, which was a concern of mine too. After a day or two of that, I ordered this cover. It was amazing what a difference it made. I still put the crate mat down, but his reaction is totally different. From the first time I put him in the car with this, there was no shaking. He just sprawled out on the seat and relaxed. I think we both felt better knowing he wouldn't fall off the seat.

PROS:
- I drive a Jeep Liberty. It is a perfect fit.
- The straps are adjustable, so it could also easily fit a larger/smaller car.
- I love that it has flaps that cover the edges of the seats.
- It is water proof, so it keeps my seats safe from any liquids or mud.
- The two pockets behind the driver's seat are very roomy. They are great for holding supplies such as leashes, collapsible water bowls or water bottles, treats, etc.
- The cover can be easily wiped off, if it gets muddy or dirty.
- The quick snap clips that are behind each seat rest can be easily clipped/unclipped, when you want to make room for a two legged passenger.
- The front part of the cover zips/unzips. When it is all the way zipped up, it makes a nice barrier to keeps pups in the back. However, it can be zipped down to give your pup a better view, or if i you want to make room for a human to sit on just one side.
- I've been using it for months and it holds up great.

CONS:
- None that I've found so far. I love it.

Ok this is just a great seat cover for pets. It has a zipper in the middle if your pet likes to lay on the console between the front seats. Anchors in the back seat keep everything in place, and the two pockets built in are great for storing pet supplies. Solid fabric that handles my dog's nails great, and it fits my 07' Honda Accord perfectly. Easy to clean and very well made. Keeps my lab/shepherd from climbing in the front seat to get out which is very handy.

This fits perfectly in my 2011 Chevy Equinox. Easy to install, lightweight, exactly what I wanted. I bought this because you can use it as a hammock and so my dog can't fall in between the front and back seats, thus it keeps him safely where he is supposed to be.
This product is easy to clean. My dog has spine issues and sometimes he can't control his BM. So on the 1st use, that’s what happened. I was able to clean this up quickly and with no residue left.
There is a zipper between the driver and passenger seat, so you can unzip if you want to allow your pet's head to come through above the arm rest. I unzipped mine to allow the A/C air to reach him in the back.
I can quickly take it off, fluff it to clean the hair off and it folds easily when not in use.

I ordered the XL-sized cover for my '15 Crew Cab F-150. Overall, it's pretty good. I do have a few complaints though:
- It feels like cheap vinyl. My dogs slide all around on it.
- When I have it connected to both the back and front seats, so that it's like a "U" shape, the pups are limited to only being on the seat (versus the floorboard where there's a ton of room), but the issue is that for my smaller dog, there's just enough material that if she slides off the seat, it creates a tight area where it hangs down off the front seat backs and where the end of the back seats are and she gets stuck in there. Again, because it's so slippery, she gets trapped and I end up parking and getting her out. Happens every. single. time. This could be fixed by putting some kind of adjustable straps on the backside that you could tie, or buckle to the seats, thereby removing all the "play" in the excess material.

I'd love to find a seat cover that covered both the seat AND the floorboard, but so far I've not found it.

Get it Now

Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar