100Ft G40 Globe String Lights with Clear Bulbs-UL Listed for Indoor/Outdoor Commercial Use

November 04, 2019

100Ft G40 Globe String Lights with Clear Bulbs-UL Listed for Indoor/Outdoor Commercial Use

100Ft G40 Globe String Lights with Clear Bulbs-UL Listed for Indoor/Outdoor Commercial Use

I usually don't write reviews, but in this case I wanted to because I learned a few things. First, I ordered one 100ft strand for my pergola. It's about 9 x 9ft and I just wrapped the strand around the beams. That being said, the package arrives with the light bulbs separate so you have to screw them all in. I made the mistake of doing that first. I think had I gotten a shorter strand it would have been easier to manage. I broke quite a few bulbs just hanging (wrapping them). Like I said though if you got a shorter strand, I think it would have been fine. That being said, I also ordered a box of replacement bulbs so I had bulbs to replace the ones I broke. If I had it to do all over again. I would have wrapped the strand first, THEN put in the bulbs. When these little guys shatter, it is in tiny little pieces. Not fun. Cleaning that up was the worst part.

Also, I discovered 100 cafe lights in a 9 x 9ft space was VERY bright, so I gently, barely unscrewed some of the lights to make it a little less bright. I also figured that might allow me to use less replacements bulbs and just screw in the ones that I unscrewed when one or two go out.

I am hoping to try and keep these hanging into the cold months, it's only September now and I'm in Kentucky. I will try to update my post once colder weather sets in.

I bought these for my wedding and they worked great. Really worked well. I would recommend stringing some steel cable with turn buckles to keep the cable tight. The light strings will clip right over the cable so this method will keep your lights from sagging.

These bulbs work great, just a couple things to note for anyone looking to purchase-
They do not come assembled, meaning you need to screw in every single light bulb into the string.
Several bulbs did not screw in, so I had two empty spots.
They do NOT have plugs on the ends, so you can not continue the strand to another strand (not that you would need to since the string is 100' long)
One of the bulbs fell out after the lights were all hung. Kind of startled me. (Could have been that it wasn't screwed in properly).

Overall, for the price, it's a good set for being so long.

I am so happy with these lights. I purchased them to go on my screened in porch. They provide the perfect amount of light--it's a good dull ambient light instead of bright, white light.

When they come, the string will be by itself, and then the 100 bulbs are packaged in boxes. The bulb boxes have corrugated cardboard inserts that separate the bulbs, but I was surprised there wasn't bubble wrap or some other kind of protection. However, none of the bulbs were broken, so that was great! I appreciate that the bulbs and string are separate. It took several attempts to get the string exactly how I wanted it, and I'm sure that I would have broken countless bulbs had they been attached. The way they are seems to be the best option of a string of lights this long. And, the bulbs are glass, not plastic.

There is only 1 foot of lead from the end of the cord to the first bulb, so you'll need an extension cord or something. My husband ended up wiring a plug high and ran it to a switch at hand level.

We turn these lights on every evening and enjoy sitting on our patio. They would be fantastic for a party too!

I bought 400 ft of string lights for my daughters wedding & kinda disappointed that the bulbs are so thin! They need to put extras just incase they break as your putting the bulbs in their sockets or accidentally bump into each other or something. No they didn't come with extras and didn't even think about that until I opened up the box and worried that they might break easily SO I bought extras
UPDate : All the lights worked & The wedding turned out beautiful!! Even tho they.bumped from setting them up, not one broke : ) Happy Mom


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 100 feet long string with 100 clear G40 Bulbs
  • Light bulbs have candelabra (E12) socket base.
  • 6" lead with male plug, 12" spacing between bulbs. Total Length 100 Feet, NOT connectable
  • Commercial Quality & great for indoor / outdoor lighting applications. Great for patios, decks, weddings, garden, tents and parties
  • We offer 1-Year quality guarantee. Please contact the seller directly if you have any quality problems.For Bulbs replacement, please search B00R25V92Y

Description

Dinner Parties, Birthday Parties, Gatherings, Party Commercial Quality String Light Fixture for Indoor / Outdoor Use With Updated Energy-efficient Bulbs Bulb Count: 100 Bulb Spacing: 12 in. Diameter of Bulb: 1.5 in. Bulb & Socket Type: G40 w/ a C7 / E12 base Lighted Length: 99 ft Total Length: 100 ft Length of segment from plug to 1st bulb: 1/2 ft (6 in.) for Indoor & Outdoor Use. NOT connectable. Globe G40 String Lights is perfect for any special occasion, adding a warm and charming festive accent to your gatherings. Brightown offer one-year quality guarantee for all products.



These are beautiful lights. I'm really glad I went with these instead of LEDs. Yes, they use a ton more power and are considerably less robust but the color temperature is absolutely beautiful. They give off that perfect soft glow. Based on other reviews, I was worried that some globes mag be broken on delivery so I ordered a couple extra cases just in case. Well I didn't even need a single one, as there was not a single broken bulb. The packaging was great and everything was protected. I 100% agree that one must hang up the string first, THEN screw in all the bulbs. The glass in the globes is paper thin and I would have probably broken all 100 whole hanging the lights, so definitely heed that advice. They have been up for a few months now in 115 degree heat, 3 huge windstorms, some random summer rains, and everything is still perfect. Plus I was a bad boy and didn't hang galvanized wire first so these are attached directly to hooks and supporting their own weight (which is a no-no), but still no failures at all.

Out of the box, about 10 of the sockets could not make a connection with the bulbs. Here's the fix that got all of them working. ***UNPLUG FIRST*** That's important. :) Use a pick to pry out the gold piece that runs along the inside - just a little bit. You can see in the picture; 1. How it arrived; 2. Prying the piece; 3. Fixed (notice how little it needed).

I haven't hung these up yet, but so far I'm happy now that they are all working. It was a pretty quick fix that is acceptable considering the price. Will update after use. Thanks!

We strung the 100ft and 50ft together and they look amazing. One of the bulbs didn't work but other than that so happy with them. You do have to screw in every bulb so be prepared for that, definitely worth it tho!

We were scared they wouldn’t be bright enough or long enough, but here are pics proving us wrong. 100ft over 20x20 dance floor, & 100ft inside a 40x40 pole tent (didn’t connect to pole just made a perfect “V” inside the tent) Used for our wedding reception on family land-budget reception.

LOVE these lights! I was looking for circular globes, long strand length, priced right, and that would keep lit if a single bulb was broken or went out. I found this product with mostly positive reviews so I purchased 2 sets. I screwed eye hooks to the roof awning and to the top of a birch tree pole (base in cement, which was then put into a planter box). After attaching the end of the strands to each eye hook, the birch pole fell down, snapping a light base completely off the electrical strand. I thought for sure that whole set would be done for! But we inserted a bulb into another base and it worked! So we hung them again, reinforced each eye hook with zip ties so they weren't supported solely with the plastic hook at the base, and proceeded to put the bulbs in, which was quick and simple. The lights look amazing and add gorgeous ambiance to our patio!

Get it Now

Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar