Bosch PS41-2A 12V Max 1/4-Inch Hex Impact Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case

October 02, 2019

Bosch PS41-2A 12V Max 1/4-Inch Hex Impact Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case

Bosch PS41-2A 12V Max 1/4-Inch Hex Impact Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case

I guess I probably know a little about this impact gun and its capabilities. I'm on my 3rd one in this series of 12v impact driver. 4th impact driver if you count the old 10.7v series that came on the market 10 years ago.
I use it a lot. I also have the 18v impact driver. That set doesn't come out much. The 12v usually covers everything I need to drive. The 12v impact doesn't have a shutdown for thermal overload. So you can damage the impact driver with short term overuse. If it becomes a tad hot to touch then let her cool down for a few minutes. The tool doesn't recognize that it's hot. She'll go until damage is done. This tool needs a shutdown sensor to recognize thermal overload. Maybe the newer brushless model has one. Anyone know? Nonetheless this tool is a beast. It's power stands out against any 12v driver on the market. It's compact and anyone that learns this drivers capabilities becomes dependent on it as a vital part of their kit. As well they should, because this little thing is dependent.

First, I LOVE the size! I love finding products that are made tough and powerful, but are still light and small enough to be comfortable used by we Woodworking Divas, among the ranks! And this driver definitely achieves that. I am a girly girl, but ALSO a fairly decent woodworker. (I know, who woulda' thunk it?!?!) It can sometimes be so frustrating trying to create what you want to make, with tools, equipment and, sadly, sometimes prejudicial attitudes, that are all geared towards fitting a man. Now don't get me wrong, I love you masculine, handsome, fine men. I mean, there's nothing better than a gritty construction worker in his jeans and boots and...OH, was that my outside voice?!?! My bad!

Anyway, back to the important stuff. This driver is very comfortable in my hands. Not so top-heavy as to be unwieldy, and I LOVE the fact that the battery pack fits right into the handle, rather than adding an additional "foot" at the bottom. MUCH lighter weight, as well as enabling you to get into tighter spots with ease.

But, lest you powerful, beastly tool lovers get the wrong idea, this little 12-volt packs a wallop! I am about to start a large playhouse project, and will let you know how it goes. For now, I can say that the batteries did charge fully in 30 minutes or less, and after a 2 month absence for business, I returned, pulled it out of the case, and used it for a small project with NO reduction of power or battery life.

The 3 lights in the end are GREAT! If you pull the trigger just halfway, it will light up without starting the driving action. Perfect for finding your spot in a dim corner before you start drilling or driving. The shank pulls out to accept bits, and insertion/removal is easy. Nothing sticks or jams. I use Bosch driver bits, and DeWalt drill bits, and have had good success with both.

The back of the handle is contoured right where it hits the webbing between thumb and forefinger, and the whole back of the handle is slightly rubberized, making it extra grippy and comfortable.

The dimensions are as follows: Handle, with battery inserted - 4 3/8" long, approximately 6" circumference. Overall height: about 6 7/8" (again, including the battery). And horizontally across the top, about 5 1/2" from tip of shank to back end.

The case is sort of a tough cloth covering some kind of stiff material in the top and bottom, and flexible in the middle (edges). It is well made, with elastic straps inside to hold the tool and the charger. I like the case, but if you like to throw all your tools in their cases in the back of a truck, it might not hold up for that.

This is one of three Bosch items I own, and I am continuously pleased with the brand. Their customer service is great, too, incidentally.

the gun works well. occasionally youll pull the trigger and nothing happens but its not a big deal you just have to release it and pull it again, ive read that other people have had this issue as well.. its really not a big deal. the only thing I don't like is that it lacks a little "oomph" in my opinion. its great for interior automotive work like dashboards and plastic shields under the vehicle and what not, but most other bolts have to be broken loose with a wrench first, whereas my coworkers 12v dewalt gun pretty much gets most bolts off no problem (stuff like brake calipers and other similar sized/torqued bolts) the bosch cant really handle anything like that. but its still a killer deal. it has a fair amount of power and it is very compact. oh yeah one other minor thing that sucks is that you cant really stand it up like most of the competitors guns. you have to lay it on its side or else it will most likely fall over

Okay, maybe not literal days, but the battery runs for longer than it takes to charge so we'll just fudge that one a little.

I'm building a deck and topping it with ipe, so I hemmed and hawed quite a bit over which impact driver to buy, knowing how tough ipe can be on equipment. Ultimately I went with this one based on its price, thinking that if it didn't work out I could just send it back and get a stouter one. Well, that hasn't been a problem. This little guy has as much power as some 16V drivers I've used in the past, except it weighs a lot less and the battery lasts a lot longer.

If you've never used an impact driver before, you've been driving screws wrong your whole life. Using this compared to driving screws with a drill is like driving a car uphill versus pushing it. Stripped heads are nearly a thing of the past, and you actually work faster because the tool slows you down. It's counter-intuitive, but it's true. Not having to wax or soap each screw before driving (as is common with ipe) speeds me up, too.

I've been getting 3-4 hours of use out of a charge, and since it comes with two batteries and the spare can charge from dead to full in thirty minutes, I'm never without power. The small size makes it easy to work with, with my hand never getting tired from holding a heavier driver. It's easier to aim and can fit into tight spaces. The only time I've wanted for power was when I was tightening down the bolts through my posts and beams. I eventually had to break out the crescent wrench for final tightening, like a savage. So maybe it doesn't have enough torque to tighten up a carriage bolt, but everything else I've asked of it, it's performed excellently. I don't know why I'd want another kind of impact driver, unless this one just won't last. But so far, so good.

Very compact, powerful (for its size), battery runs long. Fit and finish is good, no rough or sharp plastic edges. Quality of material used is good, after a year of use (auto and wood) still looks new. That after coating it in spilled motor oil and saw dust. Especially handy for driving in wood screws, haven't stripped or snapped a screw since I got this. I purchased it with the nylon canvas case, which is pretty bad. Threads are fraying and the elastic band holding the gun and charger is loose. I would recommend getting the solid plastic case. I would also recommend getting a chuck adapter to hold drill bits.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • COMPACT: The Bosch PS41-2A 12V impact driver offers the shortest head-length of its class at 5.4 in, making it the ideal driver for tight corners and small working spaces.
  • LIGHTWEIGHT: At only 2.1 lbs the PS41-2A reduces user fatigue for longer periods of time and during overhead work.
  • POWER: Despite its small size, the PS41-2A driver delivers 930 in.-lbs. of max torque. The tool can also produce a no-load BPM of 0-3,100 and a max 2,600 RPM.
  • LONGEVITY: With a built-in fuel gauge the Bosch PS41-2A allows for easier battery management for continued work and longer use.
  • CONVENIENT: The Bosch PS41-2A hex impact driver kit comes complete with 2 lithium-ion batteries, a BC330 charger, 2 screwdriver bits, and a carrying bag. It also has an LED light ring to help illuminate dark working areas.

Description

This Bosch 12-Volt Max Impact Driver offers the precision of variable speed (0-2,600 RPM), a light body, and a short head length. As powerful as it is compact, the driver packs a punch with a high torque of 930 inch-pounds for coverage of 80% of impact driving applications. This tool is easy to handle in tight, narrow spaces, while its three LEDs mounted around the head of the driver help in low-light settings. Includes: Bosch PS41-2A 12-Volt Max Impact Driver, two lithium-ion 12-volt Max batteries, 1-hour charger, and carrying case.



The single best tool I have ever bought. Everyone should have one. I have used it daily for several months on a ton of different projects. It has easily out performed ALL of the other bigger bulky cordless impacts I've used. Easily sunk 2" lag bolts into 4" core posts to taking apart small, fragile components. Sensitive variable speed trigger. Lots of punch with trigger fully squeezed. Really easy to use because of the size. I'm a mechanic and a residential maintenance person. This tool goes back and forth between jobs daily. Not a drill, but I just ordered the 12v drill and radio because of how impressed I am with the Bosch 12v line. By the way the batteries last forever! I always bring both but have yet to change 1 out in a day. Some weeks (every other day use) the battery will last with full punch for the entire week off 1 charge. Amazing gift for anyone, actually if you love someone you should buy them this tool. I really would appreciate it if I was sent the L-boxx2 instead of the broken shredded bag I received with the kit I got. I'm gonna be buying 3 more for friends and family. Maybe 1 will come with a L-boxx2 I could "misplace". GREAT JOB BOSCH!

I purchased this tool because I process a lot of scrap metal, which means I need to quickly and efficiently disassemble a lot of items ranging from BBQ grills and lawn mowers to home appliances.

I have used this tool for about 24 months now, and have found it to stand up to a beating on a daily basis. Its compact size and long battery life have cut my dis-assembly time by about 75% over hand tools.

One advantage this particular driver has over its competition is its compact size. I can and do use this tool in tight spaces where other drivers will not fit. I also recommend this model over an 18v driver for that reason. Bigger is not always better.

This driver has replaced the tool box I used to carry with a small divided container for bits and sockets. Its light weight and power have also significantly reduced hand fatigue and arm pain associated with the over use of hand tools.

My wife has found this to be a handy tool around the house for small jobs such as installing cabinet and drawer latches, and mounting curtain rods.

I generally get about two and a half to three hours of nearly continuous use between charges, which take about 30 minutes. If you are using it for driving large wood screws you will go through the batteries much more quickly. In the two years I have owned this tool the batteries performance has held up remarkably. I have owned other cordless tools where the batteries deteriorated making the tool nearly useless. This has not been the case with this driver.

Bottom line, if you need a tool for assembly/dis-assembly/installation this is the top tool on the market, if you are looking to build a deck buy a corded driver.

Update: 2016 and this tool is still going strong. Battery life is as good as ever. This is a must have tool.

There is a bit of a delay and gentle start-up when pressing the trigger, which takes a bit of getting used to coming from other tools that start instantly and powerfully, however, many people may like this (I'm still on the fence about it, but my co-worker, who borrows my tools on a regular basis, thinks it's great). I am a Mercedes technician, and I use this almost exclusively for interior work (I have a bigger, more powerful, Dewalt tool that I use for most applications (also a great tool), but it's usually a bit dirty, and I can't keep cleaning it every time I do interior work (which I do a lot of)). The size of the Dewalt is also a bit of a problem in cramped spaces. For my application, this tool is nearly perfect. Obviously, it's not going to take off a tire, but for most car interior applications, it's more than powerful enough. It can't stand up on the battery (like my bigger Dewalt version), which is sometimes a bit frustrating, but it's very small and light, which makes up for this minor shortcoming. Driving screws repeatedly would probably run the batteries down pretty quick, but in my application they last weeks on a charge.

This is a well built, comfortable, light weight driver. I used it to add some reinforcement between the walls for grab bars. No problem driving 2-1/2" screws in. Battery life seems good and holds a charge well, even after months of no use. I have to admit that I don't keep this in my garage, so I don't know how temperature fluctuations will affect battery life. My only complaint is that it can get noisy and the Hitachi keyless chuck blocks the light during use, but hey, I didn't get it because of the light.

Edited 11/06/2014:
I've had this now for over two years and can say it's an awesome tool. The batteries last for quite awhile, it's light weight, sufficient power and great feel in the hand makes this a perfect tool. I've used this to put in 3" screws, remove 3/8" bolts, drill thru dry wall, wood and steel (up to 5/16" thick bars) without any issues. If you're an occasional DIY who does light to moderate work, there's no need to buy an 18v system. Btw, don't buy the hitachi keyless chuck, it locked up after two years.

I am absolutely blown away by this impact driver. I am a maintenance supervisor at a new 200+ unit apartment complex in Oregon. The complex has a lot of settling issues most noticeably in the doors and this is where I use my impact driver the most. To fix it I have to drive the door jamb up into the framing. I was nervous when I swapped out my 18v Ryobi driver for this 12v compact Impact Driver that it would not get the job done, but I think it gets the job done better! I love that the compact size makes it fit perfectly into my coat pocket or into my back pants pocket (not all the way, but enough so it doesn't fall out).

The only mistake I made was buying this one that included the batteries and charger because I already purchased this:Bosch PS31-2AL1A 12-Volt Max Li-Ion 3/8-Inch Drill Driver with L-BOXX and L-BOXX-1A Accessory Case Combo Kit So I could have saved myself about $20 (I got the impact driver on sale as well) and got it bare. At least this way I can have a battery in both drills and have two on the charger in the shop.

Get it Now

Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar