Merrell Men's Outmost Vent Hiking Boot Boulder 15.0 M US

September 25, 2019

Merrell Men's Outmost Vent Hiking Boot Boulder 15.0 M US

Merrell Men's Outmost Vent Hiking Boot Boulder 15.0 M US

Great shoes, love them, bought multiple pairs, however...
1st of all - the colors brown+pink & brown+blue are NOT MEN'S. THEY ARE WOMEN'S.
Have very high arches (great for me, but not for everybody). Very narrow, I'm size women's 7-7.5 (closer to 7), had to get 8, or their narrow toe box was hurting my toes. I have "regular" feet, never had to buy wide.
Love these shoes for city walking, bought multiple pairs, also the ones with bits of blue...
Would not trust them on a trail under wet conditions. They slide even on thin layer of water on smooth concrete sidewalk! I'm not sure if the non waterproof version will dry on its own at room temperature (waterproofs don't) , I put them all on my router to dry anyway...))
They are also feather-light!

I have had good luck with Merrell shoes in the past and this shoe is no exception. They are comfortable right out of the box and are true to size, The minor quibble is that the laces come untied too easily. I have noticed this on other Merrell shoes I have owned as well. The laces are somewhat thin and round, making it difficult to tie a knot tight enough. Just simple walking loosens the laces within a mile. In this shoe the laces are also short, so one can't double-knot them. I find it ironic that on shoes that are meant for walking, they couldn't put laces on them that stay tied. Other than that it is a good value for the money.

I owned a pair of Moab’s for 7 years with near daily wear and replaced them with these. Although I prefer the Moab I have to say I am impressed by this shoe and intend to wear them until they fall apart.
Pros: PRICE! good price.
Comfortable for daily wear and trail wear.
Classic Merrel reliability and quality.
Cons: Not very comfortable to run long distance in.
Lack of grip on slick surfaces. My Moab’s would grip a wet seal greased down with Crisco! These seem to slip on any type of lubricant on a flat surface.

When first tried on, these Merrell's seemed a bit snug, but a few walks around the block were enough to make them conform to my feet. I've worn them daily since I first put them on, and they are every bit as comfortable as my previous Merrell's. Often for me, buying shoes without first trying them on is a problem...too loose or too tight. Having narrow feet is an issue. So I'm happy that I was able to easily return a pair that didn't fit right. The selection of colors is broad, but not always the case for someone with narrow feet. But I like the tan/brown colors of the pair I now wear. I hope they'll last for years before my next pair, which will undoubtedly be Merrell's.

I've been wearing Merrell shoes for almost twenty years now. I do so because they offer good value, consistent fit and sizing and a good number of models. They aren't the best shoes, but are better than average at their price point.

The Outmost is what would be a basic model. It is well made, vents and breaths well. Where they saved the money to make the price point is in the sole. It uses the Merrell Select and not the Vibrim soles of the top end models.

As a general wear shoe and light hiker it has served well. Heavier use on harder surfaces wear faster than the Vibrim in my experience. I also dont find they offer the same level of traction when wet.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Kinetic Fit Base removable contoured insole for flexible support
  • Waterproof suede & mesh upper
  • Merrell Air Cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability

Description

This Light Hiker Features A Breathable, Moisture-Blocking Membrane And An Outsole That Grips On The Go.



Sometimes buying boots without trying them on first can be a gamble. In this case I was very lucky. These fit me perfectly and are very comfortable. The first thing I did with these was to take a moderate 1.4 mile hike at the Fults Hill Prairie Nature Preserve. These boots performed very well, The soles provided good traction. These boots provide good arch support and are very comfortable. They are lightweight but they do not feel flimsy or cheap. I am very pleased with these boots.

The hiking boots are a very comfortable shoe, and they are not as heavy as most hiking boots are. I ordered 1 size bigger than my normal size, because I wanted to be able to wear my thick hiking wool socks with them. They run very true to size, and they are a perfect fit.
I am very happy with the quality of the shoes, and with the way they 'wear'.
Thanks so much!

These shoes look great and fit comfortably right out of the box. Very breathable for hot weather and excellent arch support. Tread pattern grips like a mountain goat. The only reason I marked them down a star is they become slippery as ice skates on wet tile. But when you're outside, no issues at all.

Bought these shoes because I needed work shoes around the house. I've had Merrell's before and they are great shoes. The toe box is a bit roomy, but will accommodate a thicker sock if needed. I have issues with the ball of my foot so this works out great. Very well made so far.

Can’t beat the quality and price of this hiking shoe! I bought them for a week long D.C/NYC trip. Right out of the box they felt broken in. I walked an average of 20 miles a day so I put some mileage on these bad boys. They are resistant to water but not waterproof so pack an extra pair of socks or spray with waterproofing spray.

Get it Now

Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar