DROCON Wi-Fi Drone with FPV 720P HD Camera and Real-time Video, Quadcopter Designed for Beginners with a 15-min Flight Time, Altitude Hold, Headless Mode, 4GB TF Card Included

September 26, 2019

DROCON Wi-Fi Drone with FPV 720P HD Camera and Real-time Video, Quadcopter Designed for Beginners with a 15-min Flight Time, Altitude Hold, Headless Mode, 4GB TF Card Included

DROCON Wi-Fi Drone with FPV 720P HD Camera and Real-time Video, Quadcopter Designed for Beginners with a 15-min Flight Time, Altitude Hold, Headless Mode, 4GB TF Card Included

This is my first experience flying any kind of remote-controlled aircraft. Since this one is geared toward complete beginners, it seemed to be the perfect introduction to drones. I was a bit hesitant to buy this, since most products geared toward beginners are usually low-end with limited capabilities. That doesn’t seem to be the case with this drone. It’s true that the drone is pretty easy to fly, although it doesn’t prevent you from doing stupid things – I panicked on landing and accidentally landed the drone under my car – but I don’t see any real limitations on what the drone can do.

The remote has a button to automatically take off and another to automatically land. Once you get the drone whatever height you want to fly, it stays at that height and hovers even when you let go of the controls. That doesn’t mean that that the drone will stay perfectly still, though, as it may tend to drift a bit, especially if there’s a breeze. The remote control that’s included with the drone allows you to adjust the trim so that you can counteract the drift.

The included remote has a couple of non-functional buttons that should control the camera (but don’t). There’s an app that you can download, and this seems to be the only way to control the camera. Using your cell phone, the app connects to the drone using Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi connection on my phone is a bit flaky; the drone’s Wi-Fi connection does not have an internet connection, so my phone wants to disconnect. I get a pop-up that asks if I want to stay connected, and once I agree, I can connect to the drone. Note: you have to have the camera attached and connected to get the Wi-Fi to work. The camera on this thing is awesome. It’s 720p and has excellent clarity.

The downside: the drone has a printed user guide, but it’s missing some key features, namely how to attach the camera. Go to the website and download the app and also download the updated user guide to get all the details on camera attachment and other functions.

I'll have to do an update to review the drone itself--this is for their customer service. Let me explain. My son was thrilled to get this drone for his birthday. We got everything set up and had the battery charged. He took it out for a flight, and he was treating it very gingerly. It wasn't five minutes later, the drone was gone. Total flyaway. It wasn't high up, it wasn't far away, it wasn't windy today. Just gone. So none of us were happy in the house today, especially him. I contacted customer service to see if there was any way to track it (after about an hour was spent searching all over for his lost drone). The service agent Julie went above and beyond--she processed a replacement for him and is sending that out. I told her she completely made the day of a previously very upset 12 year old. Customer service like that is what keeps customers. Well done!

I will definitely supply feedback relevant to the product when I have flown it a few times. I just received the drone in the mail today and as of right now, I'm still in unboxing and battery charging mode. Have yet to take it outside to try it out. So far I am well satisfied as to how the drone was boxed and shipped. All the parts were present and accounted for. I am having a bit of a problem figuring out how to attach the camera to the drone. It looks like it would be a straightforward operation, but so far I'm trying to attach it to the drone body without forcing anything. Had to lose a star in the review for that, but I understand that an updated user manual is available on the company's website along with the download for the camera linkage to your phone, plus the warranty registration. Was pleasantly surprised with the terms of the warranty. 90 day money back guarantee including shipping cost and a 1 year warranty on the drone itself. Love how the drone looks and the many features, which are usually only offered on the more expensive ones, and am really looking forward to my first test flight. This drone is the only one that I can find that doesn't have any horror stories in the reviews. Have just received it the mail today and am super excited to fly it, but the weather is way too windy to fly it today. I will update my review as soon as I have time to take it out and give it a go.

I got this drone to try and check out some possible roof damage to my home after a storm and it worked great. I was able to check out the damage with the camera and having never used a drone bigger than a deck of cards it was surprisingly easy to use. I did crash it a good number of times but never had to do anything more than adjust the trim every so often. I would buy this again.

I bought this drone for my 2-year old daughter. I thought it will be difficult for a 2-year old baby to operate it, but my daughter deals with it quite well. she is still playing it when I writing this message. buying this quality drone at this price is quite a good deal!!!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Wi-Fi FPV REAL-TIME TRANSMISSION: Let the drone be your eyes as you take to the skies in total control. You'll get a high-definition aerial view of your flight direct to your mobile device. Then, be the envy of your friends as you share these pictures and video on social media.
  • 120° WIDE-ANGLE 720P HD CAMERA: The sky's the limit and you can view it all through the 120-degree wide-angle lens. This camera restores true color and provides a wonderful panoramic view. It's great for traveling, parties and sports events.
  • ALTITUDE HOLD MODE: Equipped with an advanced barometer to perform altitude hold and obtain stable flight. Beginners need not fear and can be immediately take-off with confidence, all while capturing stunning HD pictures to share with your family.
  • 15 MINS FLYING TIME: Unlike most other drones that last for just 5-8 minutes, our Traveler drone utilizes hollow cup motor conversion technology which uses less energy than conventional drone motors. This, plus the extra long-life battery gives you a flying time of up to 15 mins. Chocks away!
  • FUNCTIONS FOR EASY CONTROL: The one-key take-off and landing feature of this drone make it an excellent choice for novices or children. Additional features that make it great for those new to drone flying include; headless mode, emergency stop and low power & out-of-range alarms.

Description

Cautions:

1. Do not use or charge a battery if it shows signs of swelling, is pierced or damaged in any way.
2. Do not charge the battery directly after use to avoid overheating; allow it time to cool down in an open and dry area.
3. Do not charge the battery with a current higher than 1A. Make sure you remove the battery from the charger after charging is complete and never overcharge the battery.

Tips:
1. Flying errors may happen after flights. CALIBRATION and some TRIM WORK will fix the problem.
2. Motors may heat up if being overused. Take a 10-minute break between flights to allow them to cool down.
3. Drone weight is less than 0.5lb; FAA registration is not required.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Drone:
Dimensions: 33.5 x 33.5 x 12.7cm
Weight: 248g
Max. flight time: 15 minutes
Wi-Fi range: 60m (unobstructed)

Battery: Capacity: 1000mAh
Voltage: 7.4V
Battery type: Li-Po
Energy: 7.40Wh
Net weight: 54.5g
Max charging time: 180 mins

Camera:
Lens: 120-degree FOV f/2.0
Still photography mode: Single Shot
Video recording mode: HD 1280x720p
Max video bitrate: 30Mbps
Supported SD cards: 4GB TF card (included)

Include:
1 × DROCON U818PLUS DRONE
1 × Controller
1 × 7.4V (2x3.7V) drone battery
1 × USB charger
4 × Propeller blades
1 × User manual
1 x 4GB TF card and card reader



It is everything it says it is, although ordering it in the winter have me limited days to learn how to fly it.... But hoping to get it out this spring to actually learn to fly... Is hard in the house, but did manage to fly a could of times... And crash a couple of times. No damage after the crashes! But with so many buttons, and not enough space, not much time to go down the mental checklist of what button you do what to in order to adjust the trim to straighten it out... But with a little more space, that should not be an issue. The camera through the phone was crystal clear, I'll have to wait to see a recording. Great way to spend my gift card from my sister!

I bought this item for my husband who is a child at heart. He is new to the drone world.. this is is his second experience using a drone... The first buy was a test run and he had lots of problems with keeping it in the air..
With the DROCON drone, fly time is as it says.. 15 mins.. and it's much easier to use as compared to any others. It's very light and the size is perfect.. it's easy to handle when in use.

Second purchase: This is my second DROCON drone. The first one was bought for my husband.. and we bought enjoy the flight time, speed mode and overall look and performance of the drone.. so I simply had to make a second purchase for myself.

Fun and durable. Has survived many crashes caused by this novice operator while learning to operate. Never a gamer so the fact that I am learning shows it is pretty easy to operate. Good pictures and videos for the price as well. Seller offers great customer service and help. Highly recommend company and product. “John” on chat was especially helpful!

i am first timer with Camera drone, This looked big when the box arrived but very light weight, easy to handle and stable flight. Camera quality is very good both video and picture. Connecting with Mobile was so simple. As a first timer-to took about 20 min from unlocking the box with every thing set up took including video sharing on Mobile

I initially revived a bad drone, but this was swiftly corrrcoed by the company. My new one works like a dream. I highly recommend this drone for a beginner pilots such myself. It allows you to get comfortable with the controls before spending the big bucks on a next level drone

Get it Now

Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar