AUKEY Mechanical Keyboard LED Backlit Gaming Keyboard with Blue Switches, 104 Keys 100% Anti-ghosting with Metal Top Panel and Water-Resistant Design for PC and Laptop Gamers, Black

September 10, 2019

AUKEY Mechanical Keyboard LED Backlit Gaming Keyboard with Blue Switches, 104 Keys 100% Anti-ghosting with Metal Top Panel and Water-Resistant Design for PC and Laptop Gamers, Black

AUKEY Mechanical Keyboard LED Backlit Gaming Keyboard with Blue Switches, 104 Keys 100% Anti-ghosting with Metal Top Panel and Water-Resistant Design for PC and Laptop Gamers, Black

 Great product! After a few months it still has the same great mechanical sound I've come to know and love.
Many lighting options to choose from, from pulsing to key following, and very customizable.

WARNING you cannot change the color of the keys, they are pre set and won't change unless you want to open up the keyboard.
This is customizable in many ways, just not the colors.

Incredibly quick response, I never knew how "soggy" the membrane keyboards felt until I started using this delightful piece of equipment.
Great price for the quality, I haven't needed or wanted to replace any keys on this, and all of the characters are visible as the day I bought it.

The instructions were initially hard to follow, but holding the function key and pressing the "Ins" key changes the rate and style of lighting.
Holding the function key and pressing any of the "L" keys (under the top number keys) will change which keys are currently lit up.

Even in daylight you can tell which buttons are lit up, and at night, they shine like a flashlight (comes with adjustable brightness if that's a bit much for you!).

9/10 Can't change individual key colors, but would 100% buy again!

Overall I give this keyboard a thumbs up, especially if you can catch it on sale. The feel is pretty nice, this is my first mechanical keyboard and it requires a little more deliberate input but only because the keys are a lot higher with longer strokes than what I'm used to. The key feedback feels nice though. It's a pretty linear stroke with a very slight resistance at the click and input happens exactly at that click. Noise is of course audible but not very loud and sounds more like a keyboard that also clicks instead of a machine that registers input because you clicked something, if that makes sense. But again compared to a membrane keyboard it does actually feel very mechanical.

I thought I saw a picture of this keyboard with all white lights, so I was under the impression the RGB LED's were color changing but that is not the case. There are lighting effects but in regard to actual color the rainbow color scheme is all you get.

Minor Annoyances:
The base is really heavy which it doesn't need to be and only is to give an impression of substance and is therefore a bit of a gimmick. The keyboard has 4 rubber feet but only the forward two make contact with your desk unless you extend the kickstand feet at the back, which would usually bother me but this keyboard actually feels better to me with them extended so whatever. The caps lock, num lock "on" lights are SUPER BRIGHT and illuminate my bedroom ceiling very well unless I remember to turn them off before going to bed (a dab of black sharpie may help). The USB plug required an unusual amount of force to insert into my PC, which made me suspect I had received a defective unit until I tried a second port with much more force.

I suspect AUKEY and ANKER are somehow related??!?

11/02/2017 UPDATE:
Aukey was really quick to respond to my review and send me another unit at no charge. It seems like they do stand behind their products and customer satisfaction is important to them.

I do not care for this product at all. The first one I ordered had an uneven plank. Needless to say, it rattled on my desk while typing. Therefore, I returned it and decided to give it another try. When I got the 2nd unit, keys were working fine except left shift. Over time left shift started working okay and not completely sticking. Now I realized "del" is completely getting stuck and I have to manually release the key from stuck position. You get what you pay for. Cheap product for a cheap price. I would not recommend it since there are better alternatives for a few dollars more. Keys getting stuck in a mechanical keyboard is unacceptable. Poor quality.

I originally bought another AUKEY keyboard off of a Lightening Deal and that KM-G9 keyboard was my first return back to the world of mechanical boards. I loved it so much, that I bought this keyboard to use on a different machine. I guess you never forget your first love; this board is great, but I have to say that I like the other one better. Perhaps it is one of those one-off production things, but the differences are noticeable. This one has the same great, crisp feel, the same loud, clacky keys ... mostly. Some of the wider keys such as Return, Space and Backspace are a teeny bit mushy compared to the rest - something that isn't the case with the KM-G9. Regardless, for the price, I'm very happy with this KM-G6 for my gaming PC so far. I'd prefer that the colors on the back-lighting were customizable, but for $40, I like it much better than the Razer board I'm replacing it with.

My 1yo son recently broke a Saitek gaming keyboard I have had for nearly 8 years because he likes to bang on things. I found this replacement not long after I started looking and read a couple of the reviews - some key points are below:

This keyboard is heavy. It definitely has a decent amount of metal in it and does not feel cheap. I have never used a "mechanical" keyboard before but I do like the way I can type on it. It it a bit loud, but they don't advertise it as being quiet. All 9 of the color options on the keyboard are pretty cool but not much for other than show. Lights are bright and can be seen very clearly in the daytime, which is helpful because the lettering on the keys is not super bright.
I do like the travel of the keys on this board and it feels like I can type much more accurate than I could on my last. I have large hands and long fingers so it feels nice, but I have not tried typing anything longer than this review. The key travel feels good and you dont have to hit them straight on to make them push down like some plastic keyboards have you do. You really only have to push any of the keys down about 1-2mm for it to stroke. If it were a gun, it would have a hare trigger.
At first sight, my wife said it was ugly. I disagree, but I think she isn't used to having raised keys like this one has. They don't "sink" down into anything so the aesthetics are different. In my opinion, it looks like a keyboard. I don't think Aukey's intention was to create a show stopper here so I think its fine.
This board feels a bit more narrow than my last, and even at full size it comes in at just 17 inches, but again its just a board with keys and no frills around the outside.

Overall I would definitely reccomend this board if you're okay with it not being flashy (other than the lights). It has a good feel and the sound is right. No problems here and I would probably buy again if I had too - Also worth mentioning, Aukey has a 24mo warranty on this baby. If it breaks, you're covered.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • LED-Backlit Mechanical Keyboard: 6-color backlight (each row has a different specific color), 9 preset lighting effects, and 2 slots for assignable lighting effects. Choose a preset effect or customize your configuration to match your computer setup
  • Blue Switches: The individual, clicky Outemu Blue switches deliver accurate, responsive key commands for typing and gaming. They have an incredible 50-million-keystroke lifespan, proven in testing
  • Full N-Key Rollover: 104-key rollover means this keyboard will never miss a single key-press or confuse your commands in any use case scenario
  • Durable & Water-Resistant: The double-shot-molded ABS keycaps and brushed metal panel are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant
  • Package Contents: AUKEY KM-G6 LED-Backlit 104-Key Mechanical Keyboard, Keycap Puller, User Manual, 45-Day Money Back Guarantee and 24-Month Product Replacement Warranty Card

Description

AUKEY KM-G6 104 Key LED-Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (US-Layout)

104 Blue Switches
The AUKEY KM-G6 mechanical keyboard is accessible for new mechanical keyboard users, enabling faster typing and better gaming performance for office workers, gamers, and more. The blue switches are characterized by satisfying key travel and ultra-fast responsiveness with a tactile feeling and audible click on activation.

Vibrant 6-Color Backlighting
The KM-G6 is an eye-catching 6-color keyboard (color is pre-defined by row). Enhance your computer setup with 9 dynamic lighting effects such as Breathing, Wave, and Color Cycling modes.

Custom Game Modes
8 backlight game presets highlight keys for a range of games and game types: FPS, CF, COD, RTS, LOL (two versions), car racing, and NBA games. Create and save 2 additional backlight settings. Or leave one setting save slot unused so you can easily switch to a non-backlit mode (turning brightness right down also turns off the backlight).

Easy-Access Controls
Instant media player control, keys and Windows key lock/unlock, backlight effects & game presets selection, backlight brightness control, and access to other useful features & tools. Just use the handy function keys and quick commands.

45-Day Money Back & 24-Month Warranty
All AUKEY products are backed by our 45-Day Money Back Guarantee and 24-Month Product Replacement Warranty.

Specifications
Model: KM-G6
Number of Keys: 104
Keyboard Layout: ANSI
Keycap Material: ABS
Key Switch Type: Outemu Blue
Actuator Travel: 4mm
Actuation Force: 50cN ±10cN
Input: DC 5V 200mA
Interface: USB
Backlighting Color: 6-color preset
Keyboard Materials: Steel, ABS
Operating System Compatibility: Windows, Mac OS X
Cable Length: 1.5m / 4.92'
Dimensions: 434 x 135 x 37mm / 17.09" x 5.31" x 1.46"
Weight: 1.18kg / 2.6lb



It's a clickity-clack keyboard and a loud one at that. Sounds like a high pitched manual typewriter. I like it but others may not. Heavy and feels solid. The colors are bright enough to be seen well in the daylight. More compact than my Logitech, but heavier. No panels of specialized keys, fairly barebones. Personally I prefer at least a separate volume control, but no big deal. Can't speak to durability yet. More impressed with it than expected.

Overall this keyboard is very nice. The Outemu blue switches have a positive feel and an authoritative click. I like that they are slightly heavier than the browns, which I often engage accidentally. The key caps feel relatively nice-- not overly matte or glossy, and the font is very legible (which I can't say for all my keyboards!). The lights shine through the caps really well.

That said, the lighting in this thing is really my only complaint. First, I wish that it was either just a single color or full RGB instead of one color per row. Oh well, I knew that when I bought it, so no biggie. The lighting effects are fine, and similar to others you'll find on the market.

One thing I was excited about was that pressing FN+any number lights up a set of predetermined keys, mostly based on important keys for various games. FN+1 lights up WASD for instance. The cool part is that your can define your own set. The stupid part is that for every key you define in one row the weaker the light is for the whole row! For instance, I wanted to set the home row (ASDF JKL;) lights, but they were so weak I couldn't see them in a lit room. I've included pictures. You can see that if I define just one key in a row it's plenty bright, and gets noticably dimmer with each new key defined. It makes defining more than just a few keys a pointless endeavor. Oddly, if you use the function that turns on ALL the lights, then everything is super bright. That means they've implemented it this way on purpose.

This is an excellent mechanical keyboard for the price. I use a Unicomp Classic at home, but wanted something a bit cheaper and more compact for work.This fits the bill on both counts.

This uses some no-name brand of switches and they are *loud*--significantly louder than my Unicomp.

It is also *very* heavy. I'm used to keyboards moving slightly when initially resting my hands on them, even the larger mechanical keyboards. This thing isn't going to budge. This can be a drawback when I do want to shift the keyboard quickly when I change body position slightly.

Overall, though, for $50 this is an amazing keyboard.

I felt compelled to write a review for this since I was thoroughly impressed for what it delivers for the money. This keyboard is beautiful and amazing quality for the money. Full-sized, a reasonable amount of features for the money, and an easy switch, even from the membrane keyboard I have used for over 8 years. Granted, there isn't as much customizability as you might get out of a 100+ dollar keyboard with dedicated software (all the presets are hard-wired, no software). The manual is also not very helpful on instructing how to switch LED patterns, brightness, cycle speed, but there are plenty of helpful youtube videos that got me customizing within only a few minutes of plugging this in. One of the few gripes about this keyboard are the switches, which were slightly louder than I had expected, but i'm sure this is partly due to the fact that I am switching from a membrane keyboard. Another gripe is that the LEDs are situated by row, thus, the top row can only show blue, second row only purple, so on so forth... so no solid color patterns. This is not a terrible setback since I don't mind as long as it's back-lit. There are about 6-7 pattern presets, and 8 gaming presets, one of which I'm sure will suit your computer's existing style or your preference. There are maybe 4 brightness settings, which range from off, to perfectly dim (won't disturb you at night), all the way to very bright (clearly visible even with all lights on and the sun out). There are also no dedicated multimedia keys for adjusting things like volume and pause/play buttons, but these functions can still be accessed using the FN + function row on the very top, just requires some adjustment. Overall, you will not find a more quality and easy to use LED + mechanical keyboard on the market. Aukey continues to put out impressive products that are priced at what they think is a good price, NOT what every other peripheral manufacturer in the PC market is selling. If you want quality without having to spend another 80 or more dollars for a few extra bells and whistles, this is certainly a fantastic keyboard for you. Included is an Aukey sticker with a cool PCB trace design and key puller in case you need to clean switches, or to switch these Cherry switches with something you prefer over the current Blue switches. The stock Blue switches sound akin to a typewriter, keep this in mind when considering if you want different switches. I can't say there's a better keyboard out at the time of writing this that delivers the level of performance it does for the low price.

I was looking for some affordable mechanical keyboard. This one was my first buy, because of the price. And its pretty good for the price.

I LOVED:
>>> The quality base construction and heavy weight
>>> Clicky keys with satisfying key presses
>>> Multiple lighting patterns with recording options

I DIDN'T LIKE:
>>> Very cheap quality keycaps
>>> Uneven click/key press feels. More clicky in the home raw, less in the number pad.
>>> RAINBAW lighting is horrible, not bright enough while static / non-pattern preset. It is brighter on every other preset mode. (Ripple effect is the best one).

In the end, I couldn't keep it, because I was looking for a keyboard to use at work. Because of the loudness of the key presses, I had to return it. BUT I would use it at home. I REALLY LOVED the clicky feel of it. The overall quality is justifiable for the price of $32.

Get it Now

Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar