SENS8 Outdoor Camera with Light, 1080p HD, Wi-Fi Home Security Camera, No Subscription, Custom Motion Zone, Motion Detection, Night Vision, Two-Way Audio and Siren Alarm

July 24, 2019

SENS8 Outdoor Camera with Light, 1080p HD, Wi-Fi Home Security Camera, No Subscription, Custom Motion Zone, Motion Detection, Night Vision, Two-Way Audio and Siren Alarm

SENS8 Outdoor Camera with Light, 1080p HD, Wi-Fi Home Security Camera, No Subscription, Custom Motion Zone, Motion Detection, Night Vision, Two-Way Audio and Siren Alarm

Like a previous review, if I had any complaints it’s that there isn’t an option to manually record video while watching the camera and you must back out of camera view to manually activate the spot light. However, I didn’t buy it to be a remote video camera, I purchased this to defend the rear of my home where thieves had recently struck.

The night vision is excellent as is the field of view. The selectable alert trigger zone means that while the entire back yard and part of my neighbor’s house is in my field of view, the neighbors car port and their activity will not trip the alert. But, as soon as activity is detected across the fence, I get an alert.

Alert video has never failed to capture the culprit so far thanks to the extra 5 seconds of pre-event video. Though to date, I’ve only caught neighborhood cats.

Two way communication works like a walkie talkie you must release the talk button to hear a response. Sound quality seems to be very good on recordings and adiquate from the camera.

The flood light can be operated manually or set to dusk to dawn or event triggered function. It’s very bright and fills the field of view of the camera with light.

I leave this camera armed unless I’m going to be in the back yard, but it has several options for arming. Can be set to a schedule, or auto-armed. Auto-arm works well, but it doesn’t activate until you’re about 1/2 a mile from the unit. Since several of my frequent destinations are within 1/2 mile, even though I’m away, the system doesn’t arm. That’s fine by me, so long as I know when I’m at Mom’s house, I need to manually arm the alarm, which is easy enough done remotely via the app.

This is the most important part to me: alerts hit my phone instantly. So fast that it’s faster to check the live feed from the camera than to wait for the video from the alert to finish recording and come down from the cloud. I know seconds after someone has stepped into my yard or approached the rear of my home and I can decide how to deal with it, with voice, siren, flood light or all three. All while snapping HD photos.

So I have been shopping for a security camera that is more of an event monitor for a while. Don’t live in a high crime area but want to keep an eye on the house. The Sens8 had all the features I was looking for but I never heard of them. I figured to give it a shot. I started with the Sens8 outdoor camera with light. The hardware is solid. Was easy to set up. The app is a little sluggish but it all works. The first 24 hours it took some time to upload. But after that the camera seems to acclimate to my WiFi and now runs with no issues. I then tried the first generation indoor camera from Sens8. When I first took it out of the box I was struck by its shear beauty and design. I plugged it in and it took a couple times to find the router. As it ran I noticed that it was much slower than he newer outdoor camera. The upload of a 8.5mb video file was taking hours. I called Sens8 and I was connected with a tech in California I believe. They were fantastic and sent me a replacement and in two days I got it. Again took a couple times to find WiFi. This unit was working great. Uploads were like the outdoor camera. When I listened to the live or recorded feed there was a loud crackle that make the audio no good. I emailed Sens8 and they sent me a third unit. Well the third time was a charm. All is good with a little crackle in the audio which I can live with. Since then I purchased a second outdoor camera that again works perfect being the second generation.

With all this said I am very happy with the Sens8 outdoor camera. It is a second generation product from a new company that wants to make things right with the consumer. If you are looking for an event monitor that does not have subscription fees and sends footage to an external server like Dropbox or Google Drive this is the unit for your.

If you want 24/7 security this is not the unit for your.

I love the design and look of the camera and set up was very easy. I had an initial issue with video playback but sense8 customer service reached out to me and corrected it right away. Great product! Easy install and great service! Definitely purchase this product!

 By far the best feature of this camera is the lack of fees. Buy the camera and you're good to go. The night vision lights up at a great distance, the light is bright (although I would prefer a white light instead of the yellowish light), motion detection is on point, the siren sound is loud enough to deter intruders, but not enough to wake the neighbors and the app is working without any problems. I also love that I don't have to figure out how to hardwire it or pay an electrician since it just plugs in an outlet. Definitely looking forward to more SENS8 products in the future, perhaps a no fee video door bell to replace my Ring?

I’ve set up 3 different brands of cameras before, and this is by far the easiest to do. Camera talks to phone in little squeals & next thing you know, it’s up & running. Don’t know what you’d do if the squeals didn’t work, but mine set right up, so.... it is right next to repeater, but still insists on resetting to 720 even after I set it to 1080, so I think the claim for 1080 might be misleading. Siren is good & loud & easy to use. Mike & speaker also clear & easy to use. Looks like you’ve got to manually switch between speak & listen. The captured activations are easy to access & they do go back a few seconds before the notification. Easy to take a photo at any point on playback, but do wish there was a scroll indicator you could use.
All in all, very satisfied. Hope the durability is is solid as the setup & features. Really like not having to sign up for a cloud service, but also thinking I’d have preferred a replaceable card instead of internal memory. Well see how long the storage lasts before overwriting. They provide a lot of wire for the 110 hookup.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 1080p HD camera with night vision, 140° wide-angle view. Bright LED light turns on automatically and 95 db+ alarm sounds when motion detected
  • Customize your motion detection to drastically reduce false alarms caused by shaking leaves, pets, passing cars, etc
  • Power socket and 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi required. 20ft power cord offered. IP66 rating, sealed against dust and protected from rain storms and snow
  • Auto upload to your Dropbox or Google Drive. No subscription required for unlimited video storage. 2-way audio, works with Alexa using IFTTT
  • Warranty: 1 year quality warranty backed by 24/7 live chat support on mysens8.com

Description

Protect your property day and night: Catch the car vandalism or package thief in the act even when you are away or during the night. Quality Warranty 1 year backed up by 24/7 Live Chat Support on mysens8.com, Call Customer Service: +1(800)215-8303(9am-5pm PST)



3.5 stars/5. I have both this one and a Ring wired outdoor spotlight cam (this is less expensive, and i was hoping it would be comparable so i could get more of these), but quite honestly Ring i feel is more reliable. This cam loses connection to wifi periodically even though it's just at the door, feet away from the router. It then realizes it's fine and reconnects. It constantly tells me that signal strength is bad and downgrades the video resolution. I have cable internet, my wifi is fine. Not a big deal, mildly annoying.
Picture quality is fine, motion detection is fairly fine. It is middle of winter and we just went through days of sub zero temps. The Sens8 cam disconnected-i now have to physically reset it with a pin and see if it comes back. Ring cam is still alive and connected. Both are plug-in cams. Both a foot from one another. Ring cam seems to have a farther motion detection. Ring seems to alert more often (which also means more false alarms...which in snowy/windy weather is annoying, so its a tradeoff). This cam does not have an option to adjust motion sensitivity.
This cam is fine for the price, and will probably do well in warmer weather, i will keep it as a backup cam (maybe move to back door), but it is definitely somewhat less realiable and more delicate than i would want in an outdoor cam.

I installed this camera as part of a review I did on my blog and I'm pleased with the performance of both the cameras as well as the light.

Where I think SENS8 can improve is in the area of Apple HomeKit support and multi-user geo-fencing.

Im pretty amazed by this product especially compare to my previous security camera, this one takes the cake! Most of the features I look for are on this camera. I thought setting it up would take awhile but I was wrong! It was really easyy! When I was setting it up, I took a photo while it was on the night vision and it looks really good! (As shown on photo attached)
There are 3 different alarm sounds for you to choose from. The light feature & customized motion zone are pretty cool as well. You can also zoom in while you are watching it live!

I think compare to some other ones out there, this is a pretty decent security cam with a lot of good features❣️

Just received this product, and it was so easy to install and use! Was a bit worried it would take some time to figure out how to install, but it was actually very straightforward! Image quality is also pretty good.

I can honestly say that I have never found it easier to unpack, setup, and attach an outdoor camera. The SENS8 unit is attractive and styled kind of “Apple-like” (in a complimentary way of course). Smooth, curved, white, compact - very good to look at although of course in the grand scheme of things, that is not really important. But, first impressions are lasting, and the impression is of a well thought out camera with microphone, speaker, motion sensor, 140 degree camera lens, and a powerful 800 lumens LED spotlight all looking like part of an integral whole. The fact that they provide a template to locate the holes for the 3 mounting screws is a very useful touch! Once up, I needed to connect it to the home wifi network, and at this point, you need to download the app, which uses the coolest way to “speak” to the camera (through a series of beeps and buzzes and weird noises) and after that is done, the connection is complete. What I REALLY love about it, is that it can auto-upload your video clips (which occur whenever motion is detected) to Dropbox or Google Drive (I think). I have Dropbox and the system has worked flawlessly. It is able to “wind back” the recording to 10 seconds before the motion is detected, and record until the motion has disappeared. That clip gets stored in its internal +/- 6Gb of storage, and then immediately uploaded to your cloud storage. So far, it has caught: the postal delivery person each day; cars going up and down the driveway; a skunk, 2 cats, a raccoon, and lots of kids coming and going for their piano lessons. Set the video quality to 1080p (I think the default was 720p) for clearer and more useable video clips. Haven’t had it for very long but what I’ve seen so far I absolutely love! Even if your home wifi goes down, it will still work and store the videos in its internal memory, then upload them when internet is restored. So, a big thumbs up from me and I’ll update in a few months after it’s had time to settle in

Get it Now

Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar