Marino Avenue Genuine Leather belt for Men, 1.3/8" Wide, Casual Ratchet Belt with Automatic Linxx Buckle

June 21, 2019

Marino Avenue Genuine Leather belt for Men, 1.3/8" Wide, Casual Ratchet Belt with Automatic Linxx Buckle

Marino Avenue Genuine Leather belt for Men, 1.3/8

This is my 4th Marino ratchet belt and the first in this size. First, the size is actually 1 3/8 inches (35mm), and not 1.5 inches (38mm) as was noted by at least one other reviewer, This is one of the reasons I purchased the belt. The 1.5 inch width is actually too wide for my liking and the 35mm size fits casual pants perfectly. The standard belt loops on casual men's pants like chinos and jeans can accommodate a MAXIMUM belt width of 1.5 inches. However, I like a 1 3/8 inch width and this width works and feels better than the 1.5 inch size that looks about right only on jeans.. The belt is pretty thick, thicker than most high quality full grain jean belts. However, I actually like the thickness but I suspect that many will not. The outside of the belt is leather but it is not full-grain leather as officially defined. The belt I received did not give off any unpleasant odors. This belt has the Linxx buckle that opens with a simple lifting of the buckle. I prefer this type of buckle other the latch-type of release that most other companies, including Marino Avenue. By far the Linxx buckle is much easier to use. At the time of this writing, this is the only belt that is provided in this larger width (1-3/8") with this type of buckle although Slide Belt notes that it has one in a 1.5" width coming soon. I would like to note that the Slide Belt buckles are much heavier than the Linxx buckles. Even the Linxx buckles are heavy and that is the reason I have taken 1 star off the rating. I wish Marino would make these buckles in carbon fiber or super light alloys so they would be much lighter and can go through TSA metal detectors. Also, the durability of this leather is still not certain since I have had this one for only 1 month. My other three Marino Leather belts are 30mm in width or a shade over 1-1/8 inches that standard for dress pants. They are about 2 years old and have held up very well.
UPDATE: After wearing this just about every day and having it still look like new, I thought that a 5-star rating was more justified.

This belt is awesome. I'm a slender man so my waist size can vary throughout the day with meals etc. It's so easy to just do a quick pull on the buckle following a big meal.
And another thing, it fits my CCW holster pretty good too. It's a very thick leather and at 1 1/4" wide it holds the metal clip just fine. Makes it easy to loosen the belt, apply the holster then tighten the belt right back up. Never be between holes when wearing you holster.

This is my 3rd Marino Ratchet Belt. The other two were bought about 2.5 years ago and were more dressy. This belt was for casual (blue jeans) use. Overall, I love the ratchet belts over the old hole and prong method. This makes it easy to adjust to exactly the size necessary to make it comfortable. I find the belts to be of good quality. The 2.5 year old belts are still in use, but beginning to fray a little from the constant use.

The only suggestion I have - don't cut the belt to short when you size it. You fit the cut side into the left side of the buckle using a metal clip which has metal teeth which grabs the belt end. This will last a long time, but eventually the end of the belt grabbed by the teeth will wear somewhat and the teeth will stop holding the belt. When that happens, simply cut another 1/4 inch off the end of the belt and re clamp. I've had to do this about 3-4 times over the past 2 years. No big deal. But, leave some room in the belt for future adjustments.

After I received my order I did receive an email from Marino to make sure that I was happy and didn't have any issues. I'm happy with the Marino Ratchet Belts I've purchased and will buy from them again.

So, wow, where have I been, that I have missed out on this amazing belt idea? Turns out that the "ratchet" belt design has been around a long time, but not as well known in the USA, although a Kickstarter project brought them more into the mainstream, some years ago now. All I know is that I have been getting really tired of regular belts, that just don't seem to last. It's nearly impossible to find a full grain leather one and, even if paying thirty to sixty bucks for what can be found, they just wear out, holes get stretched, surface gets marred, and soon they look awful. Beyond poor durability, it's always annoying that, with only a few holes to choose from, it is usually either too loose or too tight.

I came here searching for a new belt, and came across this ratchet belt concept. I'd seen it before, in various brands, but this was the first time I came across it in a good width for jeans (just under 1.5" in width), which is why I picked this brand and this model. I have to be honest and say I was leery because I just didn't know much about how it works. Plus, I'm supposed to size my own belt? Is this a DIY belt project?? But, a bit of research put my mind at ease enough to order one and, with their advertised no hassle return policy, it seemed I was well protected if it turned out to be not what I wanted.

It arrived today, I'm wearing it now, and I LOVE IT. What a genius set up this is! No more holes that never give the right fit, no more holes to stretch or wear out or get damaged. No more needing to find a secluded place to make adjustments. This is belt bliss!

Mio Marino's version uses what they call their "exclusive Linxx buckle" but the concept is much like other slide, ratchet or track belts in that there is a nine inch "track" on the inside of the belt, that fits through a buckle which both holds and releases any point along that track. This gives somewhat of an infinite fit, within the range of the track, which is utterly perfect. Need to adjust your belt, on the fly? No need to take it off or alarm people with unbuckling your trousers or have to find a place to hide to do it -- a simple lift of the buckle and this belt releases to the next bigger increment, and a simple tug of the buckle to the right cinches it back up as tight as you want!

Need to breathe a bit more after that business lunch, or while parked at your desk? Done in an instant, with no one the wiser! Back to the Board Room? Just tighten it back up in a flash! In the midst of losing weight? Adjust this belt perfectly to the ideal fit -- something that is just not as possible with a standard belt. I may sound like an infomercial here, haha, but this "tech" is new to me, and I always get excited when I come across something that improves life with a better way of doing things.

Consider a regular belt with holes -- the one I am replacing had five holes, along a 4.5 inch area, each hole about an inch apart. That's about two, maybe three options, in terms of fit, which most of the time means the belt is slightly too loose or slightly too tight. With this track idea, adjustments are about a quarter of an inch apart, so, to compare, within the same length on my "holed" belt where I have just three holes, for example, or three options of fit along 2.5 inches of belt, I have TEN adjustment points along the same length, with this belt!

So, the concept is a winner, and any guy with a standard belt, I tell ya, you'll much prefer this ratchet concept. Never has a belt fit so perfectly, and never have I been able to make any range of adjustment any time I want or need, with no one knowing, but me.

Now, let's talk about the build. I will note there was a strong, strong odor to the belt, which I'm confident will fade with time, since it doesn't smell like the usual leather odor of a new leather product. Must be a combination of the dyes and materials they use? Not sure. But, it's not offensive, just strong and, as I say, I'm sure it will fade in time. Presentation in the box was gift quality, very nicely done and just shows that extra level of care from the company.

Belt is advertised as Genuine Leather and time will tell how it wears. I will update if the wear quality is poor, which is something I really dislike in other belts. The Levi's belt I am replacing, for example, only has a leather "top" and that surface thin layer is already coming off, so the belt looks awful now, after less than a year of use. Not good. With this one, you do have to slice through it, so there is the benefit of getting a cross section view of the build, which reveals thin top, bottom and side surfaces but it appears to be leather throughout. In dismantling one of the scrap pieces, it seems it is basically two pieces of leather glued together, the "top" piece carrying the outer surface and the "bottom" piece carrying the inner surface and then the sides are finished as well to further bond it all together. So, as I say, only time will tell how durable it is, but hopefully more so than usual belts which show wear within six months.

It looks GREAT though -- I chose style 172, with the look of still being a "normal" belt buckle -- with a beautiful top finish and a smooth inner finish. Stitching is flawless and I appreciate that it is a solid, thick belt (at about 1/8" of thickness) yet is very flexible and comfortable to wear. Even where the inner track is sown in, there is no stiffness. The buckle is attractive, and well made, but it is of a softer kind of alloy, not stainless steel, and I did put a dent in it when installing the strap into the buckle -- fortunately not where the damage can be seen, but it was a "live and learn" moment and not a mistake I'll make again.

So, on the subject, let's talk about the install. They give plenty of belt to work with, and I sized it three times, since I didn't want to chance cutting off too much, the first time. The learning curve for me was, as I say, not damaging the buckle. You cut the strap (I used a simple utility knife), then insert it into the holder piece of the buckle, and have to close a metal flap with "teeth" on it, that essentially digs into the strap to keep it in the buckle. Well, that flap takes a bit of force to close (which is good since it seems the belt will not ever slip out of it -- the way it is designed, more force will only dig the teeth in more firmly) so I thought I'd be brilliant and use some vice grips to close it completely, not knowing the buckle is, as I say, of some kind of soft alloy, so the vice grips dented the buckle (not where it can be seen, thankfully). When I cut off some more length in the second and then again in the final adjustment, I used the first bit of leather to protect the buckle, when closing the flap, so the vice grips were not directly against the buckle itself. Worked perfectly.

With the length figured, the belt just goes through the open end of the buckle and then you have your infinitely and instantly adjustable belt! Slide to tighten, lift the buckle to release. Absolutely wonderful and, if this holds up, I am done with belt hole belts forever. I'm optimistic (and happy) enough with this first purchase to immediately order a second one, in fact, so, three cheers for Mio Marino!

I will note also that this seems a less expensive version of this track or slide belt idea, with other brands pushing up to sixty bucks, so this seems a very good value, although being a product of China, of course it costs less, but seems nonetheless very well made. I see this company also has dress belts of this design, so, if I remain pleased with this purchase, and pleased with the second one I'm buying (as soon as I'm done writing this review!), I could see adding several of their dress belts as well, and ridding my closet entirely of all the antiquated "hole" design belts that I have now, none of which have proved to be long lasting and, in terms of comfort and convenience, none could never match this build concept of infinite and instant adjustment.

Very pleased I decided to give this "new to me" technology a try. I'm sold on ratchet belts now and very happy with this Mio Marino purchase.

I will certainly update if I have any issues, and will try to give some feedback at six months, and a year from now, to see how it wears, over time. I recall when I was younger, belts seemed to last forever, so it's been disappointing to have to buy new belts every year or sooner. I hope this one lasts but, even if I need to replace it due to wear, I have at least found a design that is far superior to what I've owned in the past and is quite affordable as well.

An easy five stars here, from my perspective. Thanks for reading and I hope this has helped!

This belt is better than I expected. First off, I'm an owner of 2 Ans*n belts. The first one only gets worn for dress and is still in good shape but last one fell apart after about a year and a half. When I called Ans*n about the paint coning off the buckle, he said he wasn't surprised because they are made in China now (no offer to replace). Since Ans*n's are twice as expensive as these, I decided to look elsewhere since there are several outfits making this type of belt these days. I'm really impressed with the Marino.You would think it was a $100 belt given the nice box it comes in. The strap is real leather on both sides (I think some type of synthetic in the middle) and it's really thick. The buckle is solid metal, very easy to operate and looks fantastic. For a belt made in China, this is really excellent quality. I will be back for more if it lasts.

Update 4/30/18- Apparently, the strap isn't real leather on both sides after all. (penalty= one star) Three is a thin plastic coating on the outside that is starting to peel off. Definitely synthetic material underneath. The "genuine leather" on the inside is also a very thin layer Nd a small piece started peeling off near the end of the ratchet slot, ironically, right where it says "genuine leather". That being said, this is my everyday belt that wear, working and doing yard work, so some damage is bound to happen. Structurally, it is still sound and continues to hold my pants up.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • LINXX BUCKLE - Is the new INNOVATIVE EFFORTLESS SOLUTION. Just lift the buckle to obtain an inaudible release! Extremely easy to use! Slide belt in to tighten and the belt auto locks - simple smooth and sleek.
  • GENUINE LEATHER - Provides the perfect accent to jeans with maximum durability while retaining a casual and highly fashionable look. 1.3/8 inches in width keeps your jeans sturdy and in place with a nifty leather buckle designed with class.
  • ADJUSTABLE FIT - Up to 44" or 54" in waist, this belt comes with a trim to fit option and adjustable marks for exact measurement. EASY USE Just slide the belt into the buckle and pull the belt through. The buckle simply auto locks the belt. To release the belt, gently push the lever on the side of the buckle and the lock will snap.
  • GIFT BOX - Enclosed in a sleek and modern gift box for the Ideal gift giving experience.
  • ORDER WITH GRACE - 100% satisfaction guaranteed, 45 days free exchange and returns, plus 180 days warranty. Our mission is to have our customers extremely gratified with the belt they purchased, so if you haven't so, please take advantage of our swift exchange and return policy.

Description


Linxx - The Innovative Effortless Solution
With technology taking leaps for the better, Marino Avenue Ratchet Linxx Belt is as effortless as anything. Just lift the buckle to obtain an inaudible and stunningly smooth release. That's another definition of Marino - Quality and fashion with utmost convenience and technology.

Superior in Quality
Marino belts are made with superior quality genuine leather concealed with fortifying polyurethane. The buckle is coated in the same genuine leather for utmost quality and matching look.

Solid Mechanism
Our state of the art features provides a convenient and effortless experience. The tip of the belt inserts into the ratchet belt buckle, where a locking mechanism holds the belt in place on our unique tracking system and auto locks it from the back. To remove the belt, simply press the small metal lever on the bottom of the buckle and get a smooth inaudible release in a second!

Fashion and style
The Marino Casual Jean Ratchet Belt pairs perfectly with your favorite jeans while maintaining a stylish and fashionable look. The cool and nifty leather buckle is suitable for everyday wear as well as for those special nights out.

Admirable fit
Marino offers an adjustable trim to fit option with measurement marks on reverse side of belt for the perfect fit. Simply cut the belt to your desired size and secure it firmly with latch closure.

Loyal Service
We strive toward our mission for ultimate customer satisfaction. The Marino passion is to provide our customers with a most pleasant experience. Our 45 days return policy, with an addition of 180 days warranty, enables you to purchase risk free!



Made of strong and durable leather, died evenly across the entire belt, and most satisfying - extra wide. This belt fits jeans and other pants perfectly. Outstanding for those of us who's belly has "done lopped" over our belt. Its extra width keeps your pants from folding over along the edge due to extra pounds around your middle. Looks fantastic, easy to tighten to the "exactly perfect" size and great quality. I purchased a black one, then purchased the dark blue which blends in with jeans just perfect. I'm about to purchase a third wide one in another color. Highly recommend!!

Having had this belt for little more than two weeks, I can honestly say that it a good leather belt that has a superior buckle mechanism. By now my previous belt buckle had already failed and the previous two succumbed to the same failure with the prong bend just enough to allow the buckle to open when bending over.

If you have a buckle with a prong that catches just an 1/8" of the buckle frame with a bend in it, with very little stress that prong will give and the buckle will open.

This belt appears to have a superior locking mechanism and has not failed after a vigorous workout of shop and yard work of bending and lifting, the things that immediately caused my previous buckles to fail. I only gave this 4 stars but I think it is on it way to 5 shortly.

This is my first slide belt, and as long as it holds up, it will be the last belt I ever buy. I'll just say it plainly: I am 100 percent satisfied with this product.

The belt itself is "leathery" and has a leather smell, despite being, I'm assuming, bonded leather. It's easy to cut to length (remember: cut according to the total belt length you want, not your waist size!) and attach the buckle, and it's so easy to tighten and loosen! You can loosen it with one hand and could almost tighten it single-handedly as well. The spacing between intervals allows you to adjust the belt to literally any size. It's certainly an upgrade from the standard belt with 4 or 5 holes punched in the end.

I read another reviewer who mentioned choosing this specific buckle (style 172) because it is open, allowing it to be hung on a hook, unlike some of the other styles. That's great advice, and the reason why I chose this specific style as well. Marino markets this as a dress belt, but it will look just fine with anything you wear. Except maybe 5-inch hot-pink shorts, of course. :)

This is the 2nd belt I've purchased from Marino (the first one I'd had for a long time, and it wore out, as belts do).

The fact that you adjust the belt to the size you need before you first use it is extremely helpful. I don't have to worry about the belt being way to long, or too short. I also really like the brand's clasp, and the fact that it doesn't require you to use pre-cut holes.

I should have purchased a less wide belt, as this one is considerably wider than my last one, and is a bit too stiff for my personal preferences as a result. Additionally, the ratcheting system is quieter than on my last belt, but seems to start further from the end of the belt, which makes it, to me, a bit difficult to get just right.

Overall, I like the belt, but I think the last belt I purchased from the company was better. Next time I need a belt, I'll do a bit more research on which one I buy; though I'll likely still buy it from Marino as I really like their belts, I won't just get the first one on Amazon's list without looking a bit more into width and the clasp.

I've been looking for a good belt for a long time. As I go through my day I often have to adjust my belt slightly and find the one inch separation between holes on a standard belt often means wearing it to tight. This belt works great! I like that fact that I can discretely adjust the belt without having to find a place where I can be unobserved. I can also adjust it while sitting down at a desk.

The belt was plenty long enough for me. It was easy to cut to length. I would recommend that you cut a little at a time until you find a length that fits well rather than try to guess at it. You can always cut a little more off but can't put it back on if you cut to much. I found that a sharp knife and cutting board or block worked well if you don't have some heavy duty utility shears handy.

I tried another ratchet type belt and found that the length was wrong. Marino Avenue was far better as they offer the longer length. I think the mechanism for releasing the buckle works better and seems more robust than the kind that have the tiny lever on the side.

Get it Now

Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar