HooToo 9-Port 60 Watts USB 3.0 Hub with 2 Smart Charging Ports and 7 Data Transfer Ports for iPhone, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad, PC and More

March 31, 2019

HooToo 9-Port 60 Watts USB 3.0 Hub with 2 Smart Charging Ports and 7 Data Transfer Ports for iPhone, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad, PC and More

HooToo 9-Port 60 Watts USB 3.0 Hub with 2 Smart Charging Ports and 7 Data Transfer Ports for iPhone, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad, PC and More

I velcroed it onto my desk and plugged stuff in. It's nice to use the charge ports on the bottom for the cell phones/battery banks, although I use solar charging more now that it's summer, the power block is off to the side which is nice, simple plugin 2 prong that doesn't take up gobs of space in the plug-in. More ports than I need to plug in mouse/keyboard and usb drives if I want or whatever without having to put them right in the computer.

Only downside is the cost. It's what it is.

I needed this to drive a bunch of devices off my PC computer. Ok, so its a bit more expensive than other USB 3.0 hubs but I can tell you, this one has lots of utility to it to make it worth the money you paid for.

Unlike other cheaper USB hubs, this one is shipped with a long 8 foot power cable. This is one of the few that I have found that has the common sense to do that. Its important for those who have desktop tower computers that sit on the floor and you need to run the USB cable up to your desk. Many USB hubs skimp on this part and only provide a 3.0' cable. This is a powered hub, so make sure you have available outlet plug.

Also, make sure you have an available USB 3.0 port to attach to. It defeats the purpose of connecting this to a USB 2.0/1.x port. its backward compatible but in that case, you won't benefit from the fast data transfer. The two smart ports cannot be used for data transfer, only for charging up devices. So essentially you have 7 USB 3.0 data xfer ports and 2 charging ports. You could daisy chain to another hub, but its better to just buy a hub with more ports.

To keep the hub and cables from shifting on the desk, I'd recommend using Velcro strips placed on the desk and bottom of the hub.

I purchased this unit in February of 2015, using it at my office. I closed my office a few months ago, and the unit sat in a drawer for a few months until I pulled it out to reuse in my new, home office network. For whatever reason, the system just never kicked back in. I was frustrated, because it was out of warranty, and I felt it should have lasted longer. Apparently, so did HooToo.

They backed their product up, and sent me a new one, which arrived yesterday, and is in service today, working just fine. I don't think they had to do this, but they wanted me happy, and they believe in their product. It's hard to complain about a company that takes care of its customers, which sadly is all too rare today. I've upped my rating, because HooToo and Sunvalletyec earned the higher rating.

I had pretty high expectations from this item, but I'm disappointed now. I bought it considering others reviews and because I wanted to avoid a cheap USB 3.0 hub.
The power cord is wear off near the power brick. I can see the copper wire. I don't understand how this visible fault has passed QC. This kind of problem can arise after long time use, but a new product should never had this. It seems to work after I did some very quick tests: all 7 ports are working, no speed tests yet. I will test later the 2 powered USB ports.
I won't return the item, because it cost me already too much (item price + shipping + etc).

I forgot to mention that the power cord is made of very rigid platic and this thing alone may explain why the plastic just broke. Actually, I never had another cable so rigid! :(

*

Update to my initial review #1: I received another HooToo hub from them, on their expenses. All is good with the 2nd hub. The cable is also way better than the cable fro the 1st hub. Everything I did worked perfectly.
My recommendation: Very serious company. A rarity this days. I will buy from them again if there is a need!

We are heavy Macintosh users and also work in a mixed PC/Mac office with multiple types of peripherals (disk drives, printers, scanners, phones, and so on). After many disappointments with cheap USB hubs, a few years ago (after reading limited Amazon reviews by a few Mac users), we purchased multiple top-of-the-line Anker powered USB hubs. None of these were reliable solutions for our Macintosh sites (though they did work well for the PCs). We had problems with backups failing, iTunes and other USB discs unmounting at random times, photo uploads failing, and so on. We also had multiple issues with inadequate power to the hub, so devices that were supposed to charge failed to do so.

A few months ago we saw an unbiased web review of USB hubs for Macintosh users that mentioned this HooToo model. In that review, it not only came out first, but was (1) the only USB hub that had sufficient power to charge and allow USB connections at once and (2) the only USB hub that never suffered from a dropped USB connection during USB disc read/writes. The last commendation was really the only thing we care about in our office.

The hub also has a good build, nice heft and aesthetics, and consistently operates at USB 3.0 speeds.

We now own THREE of these hubs. They're that good. In five months of heavy use, we can report no failures. Based on our experience with Anker (and at least two other types of USB hubs we've tried), that commendation seems hard enough to believe that were I not writing this review myself, I would be skeptical. But it's true.

A no brainer for us. If you're a Mac owner, this USB hub simply works.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Plug & Play: No driver required. It supports hot-swap, meaning you can safely plug in or unplug while the PC is running
  • Smart Charging: 2 Smart charging ports automatically detect your smartphone/tablet's current needs, then charges it in the shortest time. Provide full-speed and sufficient powers to charge all Apple and Android smartphones
  • Massive Expansion: Provide 7 USB 3.0 ports for home and work users. USB 3.0 is 10x faster than USB 2.0. Data transfer of up to 5Gbps. LED indicators for each USB 3.0 ports
  • Compact Power: Premium 12V/5A AC power adapter (8 feet) makes full use of all 9 ports
  • Warranty: 18 Months. Our USB hub is made with the highest quality materials and technology to enhance both performance and safety

Description

Expand the Expandable
Expand your electronic line up with 7 super-speed data ports and 2 dedicated smart charging ports using the advanced HooToo 3.0 USB Hub.

Super-speed USB port x7 + Smart Charging Port x 2
- Instantly add 7 USB 3.0 ports to your computer. Plug all your USB 3.0 devices in at once without creating a mess.
- USB 3.0 is 10x faster than USB 2.0. Wait less for the progress bar - spend more making progress.
- 2 dedicated smart charging ports keep 2 devices powered up simultaneously.
- Smart charging ports automatically detect your smartphone/tablet's current needs, then charges it in the shortest time.

Performance Tested
Advanced high performance VIA chipset ensures stable data transfer and the latest computer/device compatibility.

Desktop Shortcut
Say no to plugging in the USB while on your knees; place the hub on your desk and never move again.

Power On
USB 3.0 needs more power. The 60 watts adapter supports multiple hard drives, and ensures a smooth data transfer process.

Plug and Play
Plug and play, no driver required. It supports hot-swap, meaning you can safely plug in or unplug while the PC is running.

NOTE:
- Some USB 3.0 devices require a direct connection to host USB 3.0/2.0 ports, including some USB 3.0 hard disks and does not support 2.4GHz wireless devices such as wireless mouse or keyboard;
- Charging ports do NOT support data transfer and USB 3.0 ports do NOT support charging.



I subscribe to a daily newsletter, How-To Geek. I just happened to come across an article, 'How To Choose The Perfect USB Hub For Your Needs'. I certainly need a USB hub because I have USB devices all over my computer. I have a printer, scanner, external DVD drive, two external hard drives, wireless mouse and keyboard, and wireless network adapter. I always need at least two extra USB ports for various uses.

The main subject of the article is "you get what you pay for". I've run through several cheap unpowered and powered USB hubs and they don't last. The article suggested two powered USB hubs but leaned towards picking the HooToo as the best. They are correct that you can buy a cheap USB hub for under $5.00 and the HooToo is $33.99. But you do get what you pay for. I'm a member of Amazon Prime and the HooToo qualifies for free overnight shipping. I ordered it late Saturday night and I received it early Sunday morning.

The HooToo is worth $33.99. It takes awhile to get it out of the box and hooked up to your computer because of the USB cable to plug into your computer and putting together the power cord that includes a switching adapter. But once you get it all plugged in, you're ready to go.
Along with the 9 regular USB ports, it also has two special USB ports for charging Smartphones, iPads, etc. One is rated for one amp and one is rated for two amps. I have a Mophie Power Case for my iPhone and I never realized that I needed a higher amp USB port until I bought some really nice charging cables. I couldn't seem to get the cables to work so I emailed the seller and he told me that it takes a lot of power to charge both the iPhone and the Mophie Case at the same time. He said I needed a minimum two amp USB port to charge both together. The HooToo has all of the regular USB ports as well as the 2 amp port that I can use for my iPhone.

Again, the HooToo is worth $33.99. It's a power house and it's going to last you for years. I highly recommend it and give it a very strong Five Star rating.

Tried a dozen different USB hubs over the past few years. Most recently, I had a Belkin and an Anker hub. They had compatibility issues with some devices. And output voltage for the ports were not as advertised, not enough power to charge many larger devices such as tablets.

I was skeptical before trying HooToo as I've never heard of the brand before. I'm so happy I bought it. After 6 months, not a single issue. Not only can the Smart Charging Ports charge all my devices, it actually charges some of them (such as my iPhone) faster due to the increased power. The regular ports worked perfectly for other uses, but they don't really work for charging.

I checked the output of the Smart Charging Ports and it reads 2.4 AMP (2400mA) and the regular ports output at 0.5 (500mA).

Hopefully, future versions will allow data transfer through the Smart Charging Ports as I can use the extra high power ports to charge while syncing my phone at the same time.

Bought this in 2017 and the day I received it it started turning off periodically. Wrote a review last month about my issue. Customer Support contacted me and offered a brand new replacement even way after warranty had expired.
Great product and awesome Customer Service.

The product worked pretty well for about a year and then for some reason it's started dropping power which hurts my external drives. Looks like the cord that connects the hub to my computer has gone bad. I'd give this a 5-star rating if the cord connecting to the hub to my computer wasn't broken.

UPDATE: After having this for about a year this product stopped powering devices. I thought it was the USB cord and then tried it without the cord and noticed all of the devices were blinking and powering on then off if I had more than 2 devices plugged into the port. This is not a brand I recommend.

BEST NEWEST UPDATE: Okay... I'm totally impressed by the customer service. They responded to me the night I posted this review with ROCKSTAR customer support! They asked if I wanted a replacement and within 48 hours I had the replacement on the steps to my house. The device worked perfectly. All hub ports worked. No drop of power. I'm back in business and so happy to have a solid seller here in the amazon market.

I recently got a Retina iMac, and while I love the computer, it is a bit low on USB ports. I have four external drives, which take up 100% of the available ports on the iMac. So to add anything else, I need help. So I read around, and there were a ton of great reviews for this. It works great!

Also has two charging ports for the various devices - I have a charge cable always plugged in, and ready to go. I like having that available. I could plug it into the computer, but sometimes I don't want to sync the thing, just charge it, so that's a plus.

Have been using it pretty heavily for about two months now, and not a lick of trouble. Would definitely recommend it to people who need addtl USB space.

UPDATE: Still going strong in March 2017. It's been used daily since I first bought it - no problems! :)

Get it Now

Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar